Airtel GPRS settings on blackberry bold 9000

• Thread starter Thread starter K.Pranay
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 5,030

K.Pranay

ISP
Tikonaa
Hi, I am using an unlocked blackberry bold 9000 which was bought in the US from AT&T. When I inserted my Airtel SIM in it and the settings have been done automatically. I changed the TCP settings(Settings->Options->Advanced Options->TCP). I assigned APN as "airtelgprs.com and left username and password fields blank. I then saved and came out of settings. And when I open browser then it shows a pop up msg saying:"Unable to connect to the Internet, please try again later. If problem persists please contact your service provider." The 3G symbol is being shown but I am unable to open any website. Anyone please throw some light on this....Regards,Pranay

Have you activated BIS on your number.For accessing internet on a BB you should have BIS activted!

Ok but I thought it is required only for IM, BBM and push mail services. Do we require to activate it for browsing the net? And one more thing do we have any monthly rental plans for activating it on airtel prepaid?

One can get unlimited mail and unlimited browsing for just Rs 399 per month on 2G. Just check with CC for 3G!