• Replies Replies 147
  • Views Views 42,382

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
airtel gprs set to go expensive from next month!

so you had this teeny tiny public notice in the newspapers today highlighting the increasing charges of gprs usage on your network.

my question is... what happens to the 98 rupee 2GB plan? would it be available next month? or i would have to switch back to aircel? :

Update:

From what I see, they have only increased the charges for users who are not on a defined plan. or who have failed to renew their plans after consuming 2GB on the 98 rupee plan. So, this plan should be safe for now. Unless of course, they discontinue the 98 rupee plan and launch a new plan with crappier limits 😕

the notification sounds sort of confusing to me. as a prepaid user, i subscribe to the 98 rupee plan on a monthly basis. what counts as 6 months then? if i am on my first month of usage, do i get to use this plan for another five months?

the notification sounds sort of confusing to me. as a prepaid user, i subscribe to the 98 rupee plan on a monthly basis. what counts as 6 months then? if i am on my first month of usage, do i get to use this plan for another five months?
I think... Yes, you'll be charged 98 INR per month for next 5 months. You might wanna confirm this with Airtel Presence at once.

that has been the reason behind this thread. the question remains. 98 rupee plan is not a continues plan. it is to be subscribed to on a monthly basis. anyways. this is my first month on it. and i have no idea how airtel plans to calculate the time period for different users. if a user does not renew after the expiry... would the fresh recharge count as number 1 in the sequence of 6 charges?

^^ I don't know how, but my Airtel Rs.98 plan gets auto renewed every month, however if you don't have Rs.98 balance then you have to manually re-activate the same.my Last renewal went automatic on 21st Dec, next is due on 02 Jan, I've balance already and will let you know if it doesn't gets auto-renewed.

ah well. it gets automatically renewed for people who use the *567# method right? you can still renew it manually. right? i am just asking this. if i renew my account with breaks of a couple of days in between... would that count as continues usage? 😀 just a stupid technicality. 😉

Still no reply here... I'm wondering this too!

Its high time. I have been mentioning this in every post about Airtel. But seriously, Bharti Airtel should concentrate more on their customers, cc service and tariff. All they are boasting about is their profits, the Zain merger, the integrated office at Nairobi and the starting of their services in Sri Lanka.I think they should pack off to SL and operate from Nairobi.MNP has brought the reality forward, most Airtel users are shifting to Vodafone.

they are probably just getting you addicted. and one day they would take it away. and you would be fcuked.