Validity of a lifetime SIM can last for mere 20 days !!!

I have a BSNL SIM which is temporarily out of service. I hardly use it. I see the network bar though. But it's due to be recharged next month. Hope my SIM remains active. Gotta recharge it soon !

If TRAI would continue making Bakwas ruls, days are not far, when they wil say No Prepaid Connection or Incoming would be chargable .

Agree. Things have started going back in the telecom industry from the era where it started. Broadband was costlier, got a little inexpensive after sometime. Then again after introduction of FUP & other shit it's going back to stone age. And That Jammu Kashmir thing is pathetic. Why can't one use their SIM on that state. After all it's a part of India not of those terrorists neighbors.

Wow, so what if i go for vacation to USA tour or somewhere?By the time I come back, my 5 year old number distributed to all friends and family will no more work!!!

You are talking about prepaid not working in J&K....but first tell me that why cant we live in J&K ?....it has been always treated differently by INDIAN Govt itself...

Stupid rule.

I use bsnl and airtel sims only for internet in my data card, if this rule is really implemented then i have to try MOBIKWIK SCHEDULE RECHARGE. (mobikwik.com)
In the article it’s clearly mentioned that “SIM card may soon be terminated from service if not recharged or any calls made or received from it in 20 days” so i will try to recharge my mobile with in 20 days as my data card doesn't support voice calls
Schedule recharge may help for people who travel out of state/india, then can just set a future date for recharge
I Kept schedule recharge for tomorrow in mobikwik , lets see how it goes .....never tried scheduled recharge .......any one tried it before ????????

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/schedulerecharge.jpg/

Note: you must have mobikwik balance for schedule recharge. I have around 26rs balance, recharged to be done tom , amt 10rs.

That Means even though we don't require to recharge, we need to recharge within 20 days. And wt will happen to subscribers who use 3G Data Cards which has noting to do with calls and monthly recharge ??

looks like all of u are confused....it clearly says it a voice call incoming or outgoing is done than u will not have any problem. There is no rule that you have recharge every 20 days just ensure that the no. works/is used for calls.

Seems like a rule that is not thought out properly. I have two connections - one Vodafone & the other BSNL 3G. The Vodafone number is postpaid (my corporate connection) and my primary SIM. The BSNL 3G SIM (prepaid) is more of a backup and primarily used for data. I just use the BSNL SIM when I'm on vacation or traveling or sometimes on weekends. I just recharge for a 180 day validity & pretty much forget about it. So now it would seem I have to ensure I use the SIM to make a call every 20 days just to keep the number. Doesn't make sense. They say it is to prevent misuse? It can only be misused if I lose it... in which case I would report it lost anyways. With the launch of 3G services, I'm sure there are a lot of people like me who have a second or third SIM that is primarily used for data. What happens to those people? Do they need to take the SIM out of their data cards every 20 days and stick it into a phone and make a phone call to keep it valid? That's utter nonsense.

looks like all of u are confused....it clearly says it a voice call incoming or outgoing is done than u will not have any problem. There is no rule that you have recharge every 20 days just ensure that the no. works/is used for calls.

I think you missed out my post where it mentioned what will happen to 3G Dongle users who didn't make any call and have data plans for 6 months ??

Also as per present TRAI rules, Lifetime Sim cards needs to be recharged with Rs 200 in every 6 months evenif you use your simcard or not which is fair enough rule. So there was no need to make new rule for 20 days.

Still its a New Article, Rule would be more clarified once officially announced by TRAI and operators. But the way TRAI is making such absurd rules, its gonna favour operators only.