Validity of a lifetime SIM can last for mere 20 days !!!

devx101

Senior
Regulars
Dec 29, 2010
looks like all of u are confused....it clearly says it a voice call incoming or outgoing is done than u will not have any problem. There is no rule that you have recharge every 20 days just ensure that the no. works/is used for calls.

GarfieldDC

Regular
Regulars
Dec 14, 2010
Seems like a rule that is not thought out properly. I have two connections - one Vodafone & the other BSNL 3G. The Vodafone number is postpaid (my corporate connection) and my primary SIM. The BSNL 3G SIM (prepaid) is more of a backup and primarily used for data. I just use the BSNL SIM when I'm on vacation or traveling or sometimes on weekends. I just recharge for a 180 day validity & pretty much forget about it. So now it would seem I have to ensure I use the SIM to make a call every 20 days just to keep the number. Doesn't make sense. They say it is to prevent misuse? It can only be misused if I lose it... in which case I would report it lost anyways. With the launch of 3G services, I'm sure there are a lot of people like me who have a second or third SIM that is primarily used for data. What happens to those people? Do they need to take the SIM out of their data cards every 20 days and stick it into a phone and make a phone call to keep it valid? That's utter nonsense.

IndianMascot

Addicts
[OP]
Regulars
Jun 17, 2011
looks like all of u are confused....it clearly says it a voice call incoming or outgoing is done than u will not have any problem. There is no rule that you have recharge every 20 days just ensure that the no. works/is used for calls.

I think you missed out my post where it mentioned what will happen to 3G Dongle users who didn't make any call and have data plans for 6 months ??

Also as per present TRAI rules, Lifetime Sim cards needs to be recharged with Rs 200 in every 6 months evenif you use your simcard or not which is fair enough rule. So there was no need to make new rule for 20 days.

Still its a New Article, Rule would be more clarified once officially announced by TRAI and operators. But the way TRAI is making such absurd rules, its gonna favour operators only.