BSNL FTTH flyers sent by email to Bangalore Broadband Users

madhusudhan7

leaguemaddy
ISP
ACT 300 Mbps FTTB | Airtel 200 Mbps FTTH backup | Airtel 4g B593 Router | Airtel 5g on Mobile
Received this flyer by email from BSNL. Called the number above: 1st was busy, 2 were switched OFF & when i finally spoke to someone he just explained that FTTH on fiber can only be provided to Apartments in case of individual users or companies because of the Net cost of deployment.

Did any other users get such emails ?

----------

Sorry, forgot to attach the flyer:

Lucky b*****d.No such mails.

Whats the tariff/plans?

Tariff for FTTH only are hilarious: http://www.bsnl.co.in/service/bb_ftth.htm

But also says:
i)All Broadband plans with fixed monthly charges of Rs.500 and above,except the Combo Plans,are allowed to be offered on FTTH network.
ii)In addition 10% of the Fixed Monthly Charges shall also be payable by the customer for availing the Broadband service on FTTH.

...in this case you'll end up paying 10% more + installation/activation charges for your existing broadband plan but fiber to premises has it's convenience - better SNR etc.

Does BSNL even know that there plans are virtually "idiotic".....:hammer:

----------

BTW when searching for bsnl ftth came across this...

Light Reading - Cable - Indian Carriers Commit to GPON - Telecom News Analysis

It states that another idiot AIRTEL is going to roll out GPON, now it was published way back in 08.
So have they slept or what.:sleeping:...at least bsnl could have got some competition on this front.
The last part says about high digging charges which is likely to be waived of in the NBP...hope they give good news after that.

Does BSNL even know that there plans are virtually "idiotic".....:hammer:

I guess for now BSNL is only interested in SMB/Corporates looking for decent UL plans & are capable in paying such high tariff, however these companies are mostly wise enough to take up other operators with better plans. So again BSNL looses on a massive investment as always without proper planning

/Sarcasm WTF are u Woosies crying about... Cant u see BSNL is doing us such a huge favor by giving us the privilege of using Fiber by just paying it Rs 3500 in installation fees + 10% extra tariff??? Try & be grateful for god's sake.../Sarcasm off

Don't worry, the cost will come down. But going by BSNL standards, it will take years. By then, 10 Mbps unlimited which they will offer will be necessity than a luxury.

/Sarcasm
WTF are u Woosies crying about... Cant u see BSNL is doing us such a huge favor by giving us the privilege of using Fiber by just paying it Rs 3500 in installation fees + 10% extra tariff??? Try & be grateful for god's sake...
/Sarcasm off

My friend, no one's crying around here. BSNL is not doing any favour's, by global standards they are "unfortunately for us" one of the worst ISP's. A company should study the market well before investing/deploying such technology. Whenever BSNL ends up wasting such huge investments it affects every tax paying common man of India.

P.S: I did notice your "sarcasm" quotes but the comment itself is a little bilateral | Peace: 😀

----------

BTW i guess some users failed to read/understand this:

Received this flyer by email from BSNL. Called the number above: 1st was busy, 2 were switched OFF & when i finally spoke to someone he just explained that FTTH on fiber can only be provided to Apartments in case of individual users or companies because of the Net cost of deployment.

/Sarcasm
WTF are u Woosies crying about... Cant u see BSNL is doing us such a huge favor by giving us the privilege of using Fiber by just paying it Rs 3500 in installation fees + 10% extra tariff??? Try & be grateful for god's sake...
/Sarcasm off

But they are forgetting the fact that they are providing the same plan under a different technology but with the same speed at 2/3rd or 1/2 the prices of this ftth.

But they are forgetting the fact that they are providing the same plan under a different technology but with the same speed at 2/3rd or 1/2 the prices of this ftth.

+ a few other ISP's are giving similar plans for a even competitive price