BlackBerry Bold 9900 launched for Rs. 32500

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2,134
wow @ price!features comparable to that of Galaxy S2 or HTC Sensation?

it has a 1.2GHz processor. Blackberry OS 7.

----------

VGA 640 x 480 high resolution
287 ppi
Transmissive TFT LCD
2.8" (measured diagonally)
24-bit display

Processor: QC 8655 1.2GHz
Room to spare
Memory: 768MB RAM, 8 GB eMMC
Expandable memory: Up to 32 GB uSD card(optional)
Type and navigate
with ease
Capacitive touch screen
Optical trackpad
ESC key to the right of trackpad
Menu key to the left of trackpad
35 key backlit keyboard
Dedicated keys: Send, End (Power), Menu, Escape, Camera (user customizable, convenience key), Volume Up/Down (Fwd/Rwd for media, Zoom for camera), Mute (Play/Pause for media), Lock (top center)

5 MP camera
HD video recording (720p)
4X Digital Zoom
Flash
Face detection and Image Stabilization
Geo-tagging
Zero shutter lag
Multiple scene modes

blackberry devices have always been expensive. the second generation Bold i think sold for around 25K with crappy hardware specifications. you do not get a blackberry for its specifications alone... you buy it for the ecosystem. and you have no choice if your company requires it. if i look at the pricing of other blackberry devices, this one is pretty decently priced as it is a brand new model just recently announced and has pretty nifty hardware compared to what their other models have.

personally, i find the settings and other stuff a bit complicated on BlackBerry.if i have money, i'd go for Galaxy S2.

Expected better specs...It does not even match Galaxy S2 released 2 months back.

Anyways, not a fan of BB so cant comment. seems costly for me as I can get the same functionality in other fones (Push mail!)

----------

u need to pay BB charges as well as net access (2g/3G) charges separately. Does not make any sense at all now a days!

@moint the problem here is of "choice"I use both android and blackberry handset, and i find both handsets good. Some Things android offer are not there in blackberry(they are getting there)For some reasons android will never-ever be on par with blackberry(security)On-topic BB 9900 is available at Rs 30999

Torch was launched at 35 with the "new" OS 6, did not go much far - Lets see how this one goes

@moint the problem here is of "choice"

I use both android and blackberry handset, and i find both handsets good.

Some Things android offer are not there in blackberry(they are getting there)

For some reasons android will never-ever be on par with blackberry(security)

On-topic BB 9900 is available at Rs 30999

Security? Atleast not in India 🙂

BB will be providing the Technology to intercept BB messaging to Indian gov!

i think it has been made clear several times... even RIM does not have the codes what the government wants. RIM would have to change how BB works to make it compatible with government demands.

Is BB in some real trouble? I read the news in DNA yesterday that their market shares are going down badly. Will post the link as well if someone else doesnt share it soon.