Flipkart Search Disclosure

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 15,511
I am getting the feeling that its not really been a pleasant experience so far as an affiliate 😛

well this forum is not exactly a product oriented platform like techenclage or erodev which i believe have popular sections for computer hardware. so revenues were always going to be little. i do not mind though. an advertising product to impress me would have to generate at least as much revenue as the payment i make every month for the server itself. which comes to around 20500 these days because of the week rupee. am seriously considering looking at cheaper server offerings to save myself some money in the coming months.

I hope the TE and Erodov typos are unintentional 😀Speaking of hosting, how does Amazon compare to the current host for this site's requirements? And with Google's Compute Engine, though they are only open for 'large' clients, do you think it would be any better?In fact, I think I remember seeing that Amazon has a DC in Singapore, would that be better bandwidth cost wise?

lol. not a member so they are typos. and Amazon and compute engine are great for self developed apps. not for lamp based products. i basically need a dedicated server or a VPS with at least 4 cores and 8GB RAM.

that's the thing. i am not a developer and not really interested in hacking a product to make it work on Amazon or google infrastructure. vbulletin or wordpress do not offer official support for running on these platforms. of course, it is possible to make it work.

i would of course love to use the google infrastructure to run the forum. even if it costs me as much as a dedicated server. at least the response time around the world would be awesome!

PHP Fog is the closest i have found to a similar solution but for php apps but again, is not something that i can probably use out of the box.

Ordered on Sunday, delivered on Wednesday... Do let me know if you see the amount, whenever you check.

so i switched from check payments to gift cards and flipkart has finally issued me the first payment...

You have selected e-gift voucher as mode of affiliate commission payment. Kindly find below the details of your Flipkart voucher. This may be redeemed against purchase(s) made at Online Shopping India - Buy Books, Mobile Phones, Digital Cameras, Laptops, Watches & Other Products @ FlipKart.

To use voucher, Please select 'e-gift Voucher' as mode of payment during checkout.

Card number: ----
Pin number : ----
Amount: 2044

Vouchers have a validity period of 1 year. Within the validity period, You may use them as often as required, until the amount is exhausted.

i would have preferred if they had added the amount to my wallet. using gift vouchers is painful.