Delhi MTNL offers free 3G SIM on the eve of Independence day

IndianMascot

Addicts
ISP
Reliance, Tata Photon + , MTNL 3G Jadoo
http://********.in/2011/08/mtnl-offers-free-3g-sim-on-the-eve-of-independence-day-campaign-3g/

With the objective of roping in new customers in big number, MTNL has started a new marketing exercise in Delhi circle. On the eve of Independence day, MTNL is distributing CAF (customer acqusition Forms) with promotional material as newspaper insertion and has the target of distributing around 10 lakh forms to customers in the form of newspaper insertion. This campaign will go on from 9th August to 12th August.
Any customer can get free 3G connection from any of MTNL Sanchaar Haats by submitting the filled in CAFs alongwith documents. However , a FRC (for the suitable plan) needs to be purchased by customers. MTNL Rs.49 FRC gives the benefit of per second billing and lifetime validity. Newly introduce FRC of Rs.97 offers all calls (including roaming) at 1 paisa/second for lifetime.So any customer who wants to avail the benefit of this offer, can use the CAF which has come with your newspaper and submit it at the Sanchaar Haat.

thats only for delhi...

Yes, for Delhi only but good initiative by MTNL. They seems to be aggresive now for 3G promotions.

The link has been masked with *****But I hear it is for Delhi only? I hope there will be a similar news coming for us Mumbaikars. C'mon MTNL even we gained independence the same day, don't leave us out! 😀

I don't know why this masking is happening today. I tried 2-3 different links but all are getting masked 🙂

this forum block links from certain blogs that have a shady reputation in the mind of the forum administrator.

MTNL 3G ready sim card anyway cost 10Rs 😀 So offer is good but still I dont understand why wud one want it free for Mumbai too!I mean if you really need MTNL sim u can buy it too.

Now I think that mumbai users in this forum are more that Delhi Users...Admin can you throw some light on some stats of top cities as per your google analytics?

MTNL 3G ready sim card anyway cost 10Rs 😀 So offer is good but still I dont understand why wud one want it free for Mumbai too!

I mean if you really need MTNL sim u can buy it too.

But " Free " attracts special attention and that could be the Marketing Strategy of MTNL. Even 1st thought came to my mind after reading this was same as you are saying but later realised the marketing strategy of FREE 😉

No no I dont mean that MTNL has done anything wrong.It is for those who are asking why this offer is not there for Mumbai.I mean, if you really want MTNL Sim, you dont really have to wait for FREE offer, you can buy it for 10Rs additional.

To be Specific, Subscriber Base as on June 2011:

Delhi - 2531841
Mumbai - 2704330

Source - COAI