Bad reception / no reception in rainy weather

dangerous007

ISP
Airtel
I seem to lose reception completely whenever it rains hard. The message even has the nerve to say that during rough weather, reception may be interrupted. Is this only Tata Sky? Are the others having the same probem?

It happens with all. So, have tea & Samosa while its raining and when Signal resumes, Enjoy watching TV !!!

kuch paane ke liye kuch khona parta hai......DTH gives u a best of class tv experience and leagues better then bakwas cable,:Smoking: so u have to bear this little outage problem.

Not really 'little' this outage problem. In case of prolonged heavy rains the system totally goes kaput for the entire period. I'm sure these people can offer a solution.

No way. Its a technology defect. But total blackout happens rarely. It should resume maximum after 5-10 minutes. If its happening for longer duration, you need to lodge a complain with your operator 🙂

According to the message that appears when there's a disruption due to bad weather is that we should not expect resumption in services until the rain subsides. Which means that if there's prolonged heavy rain then it is normal for reception to be hampered till such time it stops raining.I have heard that with cable operators don't have this issue since they have bigger dishes. I don't know how true it is though - that bigger dish antennae means uninterrupted reception even in bad weather.

It is not necessarily rain that might cause this. Sometimes uncertain weather at the uplinking end might also cause this disruption. This is common with all DTH providers, and not just Tata Sky. That said, things are much better now than they used to be 3 - 4 years back