BSNL to upgrade Existing Infrastructure.. Ties up with ZTE.

• Thread starter Thread starter audioslave
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 3,180

audioslave

What?
ISP
Beam 24Hours
ZTE Corporation on Monday announced that it has entered into a strategic partnership with Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd to deploy fixed broadband devices.

Under the partnership, ZTE will deploy ultra high-speed Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL2+) and next-generation very-high-speed digital subscriber line (VDSL2) broadband devices across BSNL's network in 15 circles.

ADSL2+ extends the capability of basic ADSL by doubling the number of downstream bits. The data rates can be as high as 24 Mbit/s downstream and up to 1.4 Mbit/s upstream. VDSL2 is an access technology that exploits the existing infrastructure of copper wires to support the wide deployment of triple play services such as voice, video, data, high definition television and interactive gaming.

Not to mention rates of up to 100mbit/s down & 13mbit/s up.I have to wonder why they chose ZTE though.

I read somewhere that it can do up to 200mbit/s? I mean VDSL2 does it really?I think they are already buying modems and network equipments from them could be the reason 😀

I read somewhere that i can do up to 200mbit/s? I mean VDSL2 does it really?

It *can*... if you are a few metres from the cabinet.

This is not, however, how most DSL networks are built, mostly because the terminating equipment is a bit too expensive to do that. In real life, speeds degrade pretty sharply and beyond about 2km you're at basically the same speed as ADSL2+ (if you're on good copper).

Those numbers are, however, theoretical.

Based on my experience with VDSL2 in NZ, I can only get less than 50mbit/s - I'm only around 300m away from my cabinet but I think the copper is, despite being reasonably well maintained, quite old and probably in need of replacement, since the numbers suggest I should be able to hit 100mbit/s at this distance.
I think they are already buying modems and network equipments from them could be the reason 😀

BSNL uses Teracom in many places, but then again they have such a hodge-podge network covering such a large area they probably have all sorts of stuff all over the place.

ZTE? what s that?? ZTE not good enough??I 'm still a kid when it comes to all these..

I read somewhere that it can do up to 200mbit/s? I mean VDSL2 does it really?
I think they are already buying modems and network equipments from them could be the reason 😀

u can at least hope to get 25mbit and more....enough for our speedy :turtle:BSNL as well India !!!
hope to see some decent speed increases soon.....

u can at least hope to get 25mbit and more....enough for our speedy :turtle:BSNL as well India !!!

Just 25mbit/s on VDSL2?

@ BSNL
U still have the worst plans 🙂
Just wait. some new plans coming soon.. but not Good as beam

Just 25mbit/s on VDSL2?

Just wait. some new plans coming soon..

Well i took that figure from typical maximum speeds offered by various VDSL2 providers in the world. It may differ according to many variables and is most likely to suprise you pleasantly upwards and not downwards.

About BSNL they have to reinvent, they can't remain at the same state they were 7-8 yrs ago. And when it comes to fixed line internet BSNL is the God so there changes will have a cascading effect on others.

That is assuming that they don't artificially limit the speeds like they do on their existing ADSL plans, of course.

If I had to make a prediction, you can probably expect them to have tiered speeds (if they do unlimited) at costs maybe a tiny bit cheaper than their FTTH plans and data plans that are like their existing data plans although delivered faster. I hope to be pleasantly surprised by them doing some nice deals on VDSL 🙂

Only issue is: VDSL CPEs are quite expensive compared to ADSL ones. Probably even from ZTE. Here in NZ we can only get Thomson (sold by most for around $400 + tax) or ZyXEL (sold for around $250 + tax) whereas you can pick up a fairly nice Netgear ADSL2+ router with 802.11n WiFi for $79 or so including tax (today's exchange rate is about Rs37 = NZ$1)

^the prices look quite steep and may be a result of low volume retail selling.

^the prices look quite steep and may be a result of low volume retail selling.

In that case we have hope. 🙂
----------

Unless for streaming videos, I am quite happy with my 512 Kbps connection. After all, we are from a poor country in the clutches of corruption. It won't be fair to expect speeds in Mbps.

But times are changing, we cannot avoid streaming data any more. Especially when many services are available as streaming videos and audio.

In that case we have hope. 🙂
----------

Unless for streaming videos, I am quite happy with my 512 Kbps connection. After all, we are from a poor country in the clutches of corruption. It won't be fair to expect speeds in Mbps.

But times are changing, we cannot avoid streaming data any more. Especially when many services are available as streaming videos and audio.

Yeah hope.... thanks to chinnese they hammer wholesale prices like shit
just got this one while searching for VDSL modems New Huawei SmartAX MT900 VDSL CPE / VDSL MODEM | eBay A modem for 25$, now what else do u want !!:Mates:

hmm. When sold in bulk, the prices will come down. In India there will be many takers if they offer it at a decent price.