Dataone Startup Problem

• Thread starter Thread starter jgnt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,201

jgnt

I have a peculiar problem with my dataone connection and that is that i get connected to net only if the modem is switched on when the computer is booting and if i switch on the modem only after the computer is switched on, i am not able to connect to net, even after waiting for long time to get connnected, so i had to restart again with the modem switched on to get connection.Is there anyone who has this same problem or is this is only for me! And can someone tell how to rectify this problem !

QUOTE(jgnt @ Aug 28 2006, 04:54 PM) [snapback]60314[/snapback]
I have a peculiar problem with my dataone connection and that is that i get connected to net only if the modem is switched on when the computer is booting and if i switch on the modem only after the computer is switched on, i am not able to connect to net, even after waiting for long time to get connnected, so i had to restart again with the modem switched on to get connection.

Is there anyone who has this same problem or is this is only for me! And can someone tell how to rectify this problem !
[/b]

It seems that modem is not installed correctly. When you start windows then its get detected & drivers are loaded but when it is switched later then it is not getting detected by the computer.

Which OS do you use ?

Try to unstall the modem & re-install it.

@jgnt , you could have given the modem number ; how it isconnected (LAN/USB) ; & operating system sothat someone can try to analyze your problem . And do you have heavy rains now ?

Suveer Upadhyay, I use windows 2000.seshu, I use normal Huawei modem. connected thru LAN, OS is Win 2k. As far as rain is concerned, no not all. LOLBTW, previously it used to work properly, only recently it has started like this and I changed the password for modem recently also.

how the modem is connected (LAN/USB) is important in this type of problems . As you are aware LAN is stable than the USB connection .If the modem is connected thru USB then change it toLAN . if it is on LAN , change the slot of the NIC card .And give a written complaint to BSNL . this can be thecorrect way to solve your problem !