question on unlimted package

• Thread starter Thread starter gecko123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,522

gecko123

hello, i'm from chennai. thinking of taking the sify 64 kpbs unlimited/1month at Rs. 695, but itis written:Usage >= 100 MB/day will be deemed as commercial useso do they really enforce the above rule, hence how can itbe called "unlimited" ?

Well it's just a gimmick now, the word "unlimited". Sify didn't even mention the 100 MB limit till very recently and people used to really get fooled by the word "unlimited".Sify enforces this limit by reducing your speed to 2-3 kBps (16-24 kbps) after you download more than 100 MB and your speed normalises after around 24 hours.

a legal case is going against Sify and their illegal policies. That resulted in that phrase appearing on that package page. go figure. 🙂

thanks both of guys for the info ! sify is a bunch of scoundrels without any doubt (as are most of the ISPs in India). I was using net4india for many months which was not bad, but my CTO is discontinuing it and making everyone take sify.ps: bsnl broadband let down everyone but putting a download limit after all the propag@nda, else it would have been a good offer. dayanidhi maran must be sacked !!!.