Does BSNL restrict seedbox servers?

• Thread starter Thread starter baxilone
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,890

baxilone

ISP
BSNL
Hi all,I just joined a seedbox server yesterday and things were working perfectly well for me till a few minutes back. Now I can't access the server, though all other sites are opening normally.I wonder if any of you has had a similar experience.I've thought of what the possible reasons could be and nothing else should technically stop me from accessing the server, except if BSNL had restricted it.Any help is most welcome!

No BSNL doesnt restrict any access to any seedboxes.The problem is the pings to the france servers are generally iffy, which causes packet loss and delay in opening the box terminal. Also if you are on a shared vps with rtorrent/rutorrent then to load the whole thing on your browser it will take some minutes. But if you stop the torrents then it will load up fast. Try and see ..:wink (2):

Thanks for your help!

In my case, that would be Luxembourg, server.lu. Any way to improve the pings? Even if there was packet loss like you say, it shouldn't totally prevent the server from opening, right?

I'm actually running deluge with the GTS installed on my system. And I've just been there a couple of days, so there aren't enough torrents on it for it to crash.

Edit: I tried everything, and nothing worked. Finally, I rebooted my router and that did it. Let's see how long it lasts 🙂

Another thing...is this ping problem specific to BSNL, or will it be the same on all ISPs?

Thanks again!

Do a ping check to your server IP and check. The ping thing problem is pretty rare, I am not even sure if it exists now.I had problems connecting to ovh france some years back. Dont know how the situation is at present.I dont think in your case you have a ping problem. So you should be fine. 🙂

.lu has very good peering to asia, it was a server fault, they have rock solid servers but god help you if they get a problem cause their support sucks !! ticket answering time could take 14 days !! on other hand there would be no problem from bsnl . if your server stops responding to pings it is down from d.c side if it responds to pings but ssh can't open then hard boot it from control panel.

Hi all,

I just joined a seedbox server yesterday and things were working perfectly well for me till a few minutes back. Now I can't access the server, though all other sites are opening normally.

I wonder if any of you has had a similar experience.

I've thought of what the possible reasons could be and nothing else should technically stop me from accessing the server, except if BSNL had restricted it.

Any help is most welcome!

What is a seedbox server???

Thanks for all your responses!

Do a ping check to your server IP and check. The ping thing problem is pretty rare, I am not even sure if it exists now.I had problems connecting to ovh france some years back. Dont know how the situation is at present.

I dont think in your case you have a ping problem. So you should be fine.

Its working perfectly now, and I'm using the Deluge light client (GTS) on my home computer. Found it to be much better than the Web interface. Hope it stays this way 🙂

.lu has very good peering to asia, it was a server fault, they have rock solid servers but god help you if they get a problem cause their support sucks !! ticket answering time could take 14 days !!

Luckily, I don't have to worry about that much....I haven't bought my slice directly from them, I got it from Bigsb.

if your server stops responding to pings it is down from d.c side if it responds to pings but ssh can't open then hard boot it from control panel.

Good idea, if only I knew how 🙂
Jokes apart...I'm a seedbox noob and am still feeling my way around here. I've not set up SSH yet, though I will try this once I settle down.
Stupid question, but being a noob, guess it entitles me to ask....how do I check my server speed and pings. Do I have to set up SSH for this, or is there any other way?
And one more noob question. How do I upload to file hosts like link-removed from my server? Is there any simple, noob-friendly program that does this?
Thanks in advance for any help.

What is a seedbox server???

A high-speed server used by people with slow connections, to get better upload and download speeds while torrenting. There are many companies out there, and you can rent either a dedicated server (where you don't share it with anyone), or a shared server.
Seedbox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia