Sify Server Unreachable

• Thread starter Thread starter scarezebra
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,889

scarezebra

I hv a problem with my Sify account(well I've been having a lot of them)...Most of the days my connection stops working at 11 or 11:30 pm.....It resumes service at around 4 am in the morning......I called up customer care to know wat could be the problem and they send engineers to my house but they somehow blame it on my comp and try to get away with it....I get the error message saying that 'Unable to reach Sify server'.....I can ping my local gateway....So what could be the problem..Is it a problem at my end...I have scanned the computer for viruses a hundred times but there were none.....Any suggesstions about what to do....

Hi,

Can you ping the gateway during the night as well? Try running the troubleshoot application that comes with the sify dialer. If it shows the gateway as being reachable and the SAM server is not then it's Sify's fault. If not then your cablewalla probably shuts off the switch during the night or something.

But then I guess SAM is common for all (202.144.65.70). Tell me if you can open http://202.144.65.70:8090 at nights when you're unable to connect.

Also, I've been curious; is the SU (the wireless Subscriber Unit) our gateway or does it simply connect to the gateway?

Siddhesh

I can Ping the gateway whenever I face this problem.....When i run the troubleshooter I get this
Checking User Computer

Checking Local Cable network

Checking Connectivity to Sify Server
Unable to reach Sify server. Click HELP for troubleshooting or please conatct Sify Customer Care

My connection is not throught the cablewala....
Ps:I asked the enginneer and he told me that the reciever unit kept on the terrace of the building is the localgateway

QUOTE(siddhesh @ Aug 28 2006, 01:01 AM) [snapback]60256[/snapback]
But then I guess SAM is common for all (202.144.65.70). Tell me if you can open http://202.144.65.70:8090 at nights when you're unable to connect.

[/b]

No I cannot open the page...It just shows page cannot be found....

I hae called them a hundred times...They have sent their engineers equal number of times.....But none of them are able to figure out the problem.....My account will expir in two days.....I am not gonna renew it now.....Let them rectify the problem first...