512kbps unlimeted over?

• Thread starter Thread starter ashish318
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 5,243

ashish318

i think that the free ride is over... i'm still synced at 507/511.. till the morning i was getting 50-55k on downloads and from the afternoon onwards.. max speed that ive been getting is 29k... anyone else facing the same problems?

Same problem, hmm... yeah 🙁 grrrrr...my speed too has dropped to normaldunno why, but i hope it increases

Sushubh, blabbering....waat, when ? dude 😕 aneeways one of my friends is still getting 50K os i guess it ain't completely over

wizard, mind searching the forum for some of your posts? You really pissed many people....remember, not everyone was enjoying high speeds!..

hey sushubh, i still have 512kbps... can i still blabber bout it? hehe

hi all,
new to this forum...but just wanted to add, i am from blore....got the 256 kbps airtel connection....D-Link adsl router, connection through ethernet...i do not get more than 25 k download at best, usually hovers around 20 k....have called airtel about this and they said that it depends on the site and the no of users online at the time. waiting for the upgrade as some users have mentioned.

wow 20K is bad! 20KBps is 160Kbps which is no where near what is promised.... Bad Airtel, bad! 🙁

update: still getting max 29K.. spoke to airtel and told them that i want my original speeds back.. according to them it was a server error and now that has been rectified

airtel gave me a link to check my connection speed .....airtel users close all windows , downloading stuff and check your speed.
http://203.145.184.14/meter.php
.....tell me what speed does it show you...try it three times with a gap of 2 mins or so ....to get a better idea. the sales reps at airtel have no clue abt anything ,spoke to one of them mentioning my slow connection speed eventhough i have a 256 K connection , he then told me that the connection for home 999 plus is UPTO 256 K and that the avg is generally around 180 K- 200K, and that he was not at all surprised that i have even clocked to 119 K. then i asked him straight up whether one can complain at all about a slow connection, to which he replied.... yes i could if it dropped to say 50K....that is ridiculous...50 K for a 256 K connection. give me a break!
they are very clever as they mention "upto" in their connection speed and can therefore find excuses. it is still better than bsnl for atleast i dont have to pay more that Rs. 1000 for any amount of downloads.