512kbps @ 750 UL for kolkata

• Thread starter Thread starter bajechele
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 7,275
Govt. will provide free Broadband connection to everyone and charge 1 Rupee per MB as data tarnsfer charges.Connection will be free but data transfer will be chargeable that too high :hysterical:

The UL900 is presently UL750.

These talks about UL750 being charges at Rs. 500/- per month are circle specific and are only applicable to Calcutta (West Bengal?)

Ah, thanks.

I am a Home UL 750 subscriber. The upgradation has not been affected my connection speed till now and the time is 10 am of 26/12/2008. Has anyone got the upgradation?
I am also confused with the language of BSNL people. It's stated in the website that "Bandwidth of UL750 and UL750 Plus Broadband Business Plan is upgraded from 256 Kbps to 512 Kbps for the period 26.12.2008 to 25.03.2009 ."
But there's not any UL750 or UL750 Plus Broadband Business Plan, both of these plans are Home plan.

I am a Home UL 750 subscriber. The upgradation has not been affected my connection speed till now and the time is 10 am of 26/12/2008. Has anyone got the upgradation?
I am also confused with the language of BSNL people. It's stated in the website that [COLOR=\"Red\"]\"Bandwidth of UL750 and UL750 Plus Broadband Business Plan is upgraded from 256 Kbps to 512 Kbps for the period 26.12.2008 to 25.03.2009 .\"[/COLOR]
But there's not any UL750 or UL750 Plus Broadband Business Plan, both of these plans are Home plan.

Yes their language is very confusing. According to this link Calcutta Telephones you would have to apply for it.
3) Existing unlimited Home & Business customer may migrate to this plan on application basis.

It looks like the right hand of BSNL does not know what the left hand is doing 😀

From 256 to 512 for existing customers, but hasn't happened for me yet. Anybody else facing the same problem? Time 20:00. dt 26/12/2008.
I think its a joke from BSNL.

I am from central Kolkata with 2212 exchange and I am always getting download speed of about 400 to 450 kbps. I think Bsnl has changed speed from 256 to 512kbps.:thumb:But for a limited time period 🙁

I am having home 500 plan right now in Kolkata. As UL 750 Home is also 500/- now and upgraded to 512 kbps (where Home 500 is 500/- and 256k - 2 mbps) I want to migrate to UL 750. How to apply? Any online application possible? can anyone suggest which one will give me better download speed? I would also like to know experience of current UL 750 users or who changed plan recently

I am using a Home UL750 plan in Central Kolkata (2212 Exchange) and the speed is about 400 to 450kbps in average with no disconnection.

Nice move from BSNL Calcutta. Wonder if other BSNL units will follow suit ....

Agreed :cool2:

I agreed, I am working in PSU, PSU is like mixed chaat. somewerer you will experience that they are even beter than Private players, but in some case where Govt rules and Govt like mind rules, sutuation is poor.

Good: For example, BSNL has some best broadband plans in india.
BSNL did not gave you bills with hidden charges and no fine prints (reliance is master in this type of cheats.)
Technology implimentation is even faster than any private player.

@onlytestThe best banking staff I have ever dealt with is from "SBI, Pune City branch"At the same timeThe worst banking staff I have ever dealt with is from "SBI, Shrigonda branch"This is what a PSU is😉

:frown: Calcutta Telephones failure to give 512kbps for 750UL............. 29/12/2008 19:49Hrs.........

@sumitbaranYou have to go to Exchange and give an application.For your connection, BSNL have to change the settings intheir servers.Same problem for others also who migrate to Higher speeds like upto 2 Mbps.