• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 5,436
Status
Not open for further replies.

awesomeamol

ISP
Hathway
Folks,I bought a cool laptop about a month ago from Croma malad[Mumbai].Till then I never used Wireless network,so my first intention was to get a usb internet service.I bought a Tata Photon plus since it had a free 10 gb offer [2.5 gb for 4 months].The first few days were really good as I got a really good speed and I'll go on the records to say that I didnt have any problem with respect to speed.How after 3 days,my net was disconnected with an error ppp link terminated.I contacted them after few days,asking what is the reason?One of their guy said that my usage was utilized.So I waited till today[aug 1],hoping that they'll start my service again.But to my surprise,not only was the net disconnected but also when I tried calling 1800 266 121[their toll free number] and dialing 9 for customer care,i got a reply saying that for Tata Photon you should contact 1800 266 121 lol.That means,you should contact the same number,doesnt that ridiculous.So either ways,I tried calling the same number again and again till one person finally connected me to their senior.The senior person told me that it was Tata Indicom and for Tata photon plus,you need to diall 1800 266 121,and guess what I've called the same number numerous times only to be connected indicom service.What sort of joke is this?When I asked indicom guys to atleast connect me to photon,they were like call 1800 266 121.I really dont know what to do?For change its not connection thats bugging me,its the customer service.

why don,t u visit tata indicom store

What else can we expect from Tata when they had sacked 12 COOs. Definately we gonna experience similar kind of Service.

On Topic: refer this link. Might help you. Also write a mail to Nodal Team regarding your Issues. 🙂

Complaints & Feedback

I spoke to Tata Photon @ 1-800-266-121 on 1st & 2nd of August and i was able to talk to customer care guys easily.I called to disconnect the Tata Photon+ services because they have changed my plan from Rs. 1500 + tax - True Unlimited(no restrictions plan that was given when Photon+ services were newly launched) 'to' Rs. 1500 + tax - Unlimited with 15gb FUP without my consent or giving me advance notice. Anyways i was thinking of discontinuing the services for long because we don't get that 300+ kBps anymore, speeds are mostly b/w 70-100 kBps or lesser at most times.

This is the speed of my Tata Photon +.

Upload is better than download. Disgusting

I noticed that my Photon + connection speeds was also hovering around this before i cancelled it, was it because of more users added since launch as we all assume or is Tata actual throttling the bandwidth for some kind of fair usage according to them

I too thought that might be there would be many users on particular time or cell site. but even after trying it at different places and time, speed never touched even 1mbps.

I too thought that might be there would be many users on particular time or cell site. but even after trying it at different places and time, speed never touched even 1mbps.

So it's true then, Tata is throttling the bandwidth. I'm done with them - 3g on gsm is a better option as of now, better speeds & more reliable while on the go.

Yes, in Mumbai , MTNL is best as per price and speed. And so is BSNL is rest of India. So, better save some money till Private operators comes up with more economical plans 😉

Tata photon Plus never gives more than 1 mbps .Average is only 0.5 to 0.7 mbps.Sometimes CDMA 800mhz signal is constant inside the house compared to 3G GSM 2000+mhz. So I keep photon handy for emergencies.(recharge Rs 301-300mb to carry forward data every month).It is getting tiresome of late to keep photon alive.Nowadays Airtel GPRS is not bad for leisurely browsing.3G -BSNl signal sometimes switches to "E" inside the house compared to street signal.But in most small towns ,BSNL 3G signal is good. In chennai Vodafone 3G signal is good consistently 2.5 to 4 mbps).Aircel too. but expensive.

Yes, in Mumbai , MTNL is best as per price and speed. And so is BSNL is rest of India. So, better save some money till Private operators comes up with more economical plans 😉

Well said Bro, i'm also hoping private operators to show some competency and bring down the price

Tata photon Plus never gives more than 1 mbps .Average is only 0.5 to 0.7 mbps.
Sometimes CDMA 800mhz signal is constant inside the house compared to 3G GSM 2000+mhz. So I keep photon handy for emergencies.(recharge Rs 301-300mb to carry forward data every month).
It is getting tiresome of late to keep photon alive.
Nowadays Airtel GPRS is not bad for leisurely browsing.
3G -BSNl signal sometimes switches to "E" inside the house compared to street signal.But in most small towns ,BSNL 3G signal is good.
In chennai Vodafone 3G signal is good consistently 2.5 to 4 mbps).Aircel too. but expensive.

Luckily for me 3g works fine even inside the house, depends on how close we are to the tower, i don't get the best signals but still good enough for speeds i described earlier 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.