IE users dumber?

• Thread starter Thread starter huyogi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 1,829
Before writing such articles, let FF, Chrome, Safari and others make their broswer fully compatible with https Links. Still there are lots of intranet portals which opens only on IE . So as per my view IE is the most simple and reliable Browser . And never to forget that all other browsers are inspired from IE only 😛

The reason i posted the link in etcetera is to indicate that it's to be taken with a pinch of salt, however the conclusion at the end of the http://www.aptiquant.com/IQ-Browser-AptiQuant-2011.pdf, seems to differ from your opinion.

The study showed a substantial relationship between an individual’s cognitive ability and their choice of web
browser. From the test results, it is a clear indication that individuals on the lower side of the IQ scale tend to
resist a change/upgrade of their browsers. This hypothesis can be extended to any software in general,
however more research is needed for that, which is a potential future work as an extension to this report.
It is common knowledge, that Internet Explorer Versions to 6.0 to 8.0 are highly incompatible with modern web
standards. In order to make websites work properly on these browsers, web developers have to spend a lot of
unnecessary effort. This results in an extra financial strain on web projects, and has over the last decade cost
millions of man-hours to IT companies. Now that we have a statistical pattern on the continuous usage of
incompatible browsers, better steps can be taken to eradicate this nuisance.

I agree with your viewpoints , but 80% of Internet Users have very basic usages and they find Non IE Browsers quite complicated and fascinated. Rest 20% are techno savvy, Net savvy and so, opt for other browsers for ease and enhanced functionality. But again we can't call them dumber. Its the demand of user that make him opt for browser. And trust me, even today when Rest of the browser have so much of functionality, still they are unable to open my intranet URL and I can access my VPN on IE only .

I agree, "dumber" is too harsh and politically incorrect, "less tech savvy" is the phrase to use, but because they do not make the effort to upgrade it's costing web designers a lot and one cannot deny that. As far as Mozilla Firefox users are concerned, the study indicates that there is only a marginal difference in IQs..firefox user myself.

Even I have started using Opera , FF and Safari, but when I gt the IE9 Installed, then I too felt that IE9 is quite enhanced and simple too. So uninstalled all except Chrome and presently using IE9 mostly and Chrome for all google based things.

I dont think any developer wants to use IE ever. The kind of pain the developers go through to write separate codes for IE & non IE browsers just cos MS thinks that it is above the web standards.It is bcos of the browsers like FF & Chrome, IE woke up and made better changes, adhered to standards and hence IE 9 is a better product.Still the horrors of older IE browsers do not allow me to use IE except for some sites which work only in IE 🙁

Buddy, Developer is someone at highest level among Internet Users. Definately none of the Developers or programmers prefer IE, but atleast IF is the one browser which is common in almost 95% of Windows based PCs. Hope Microsoft learns and feel the competition and IE10 would be able to compete other broswsers. In other words I would like to say is :IE = Sarkari BrowserFF, Safari, Chrome, Opera = Private Browsers 😛

@IndianMascot Its like the local shop. Till we knew it was only shop accessible, its the best thing to happen, no matter how bad. Once we get options we start thinking.Anyways, IE comes bundled with Windows hence such high usage. Let MS not club the browser with OS and check, No one wud use IE...

Once you use Firefox and Chrome dont think many will use IE.Firefox and Chrome are better browsers than IE by a mile.You can customize them easily unlike IE.

Atleast bwtween Chrome and IE9, I didn't find nay noticable difference, except that Chrome had started installing App feature which is presently not available in IE9. Buy yes FF, Safari and Opera have quite vast features as compared to IE9 and Chrome.

@IndianMascot...Anyways, IE comes bundled with Windows hence such high usage. Let MS not club the browser with OS and check, No one wud use IE...

HTML5 compatible browsers are available for the taking free of cost to even these Windows users, why won't the lazyasses switch to one when they are such a pain in the rear end for the IT community.