Airtel website/my portal hacked or what?

• Thread starter Thread starter devx101
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,036

devx101

Senior
ISP
LL/cable/3G then bck to EDGE
I was just checking my dth accn. when i saw this wierd log in page. U can see the vodafone logo beside Airtel. I hope this is not a tie up. he he
BTW The site is quite sluggish today.

hehe. must be a leftover from the days vodafone owned airtel.com 😕

----------

can you locate the URL of the image 😀

well no image link is shown. u can try it, actually the page while loading is showing an extended/garbled screen where that "icon" appears and goes off after full loading. I was able to catch it as my net went off and page loading stopped midway.

looks like Vodafone and Airtel have formed a strategic hidden alliance....or perhaps it is a major breach of security as it is secured site where people use it for money transactions.

Strange !!!

arey telling you. airtel.com was previously owned by vodafone. they had a joint venture in some international market. i still wonder why airtel still has this old logo from that joint venture on their servers.

arey telling you. airtel.com was previously owned by vodafone. they had a joint venture in some international market.

i still wonder why airtel still has this old logo from that joint venture on their servers.

oh well i thought u were joking !
he he.....actually i had once seen BSNL's site and that made me think like it. In FAQ section of some content all rubbish was written by a spammer.

vodafone owned airtel.com once. they left it. airtel was caught sleeping. it was bought by someone who sold it through Sedo I think. the dude who bought it apparently tried to sell it to airtel. airtel went to WIPO. won the case and the rights to the domain name. they started using airtel.com when they launched their new logo. airtel.com is a generic homepage with links to all their individual ventures in india and african nations. airtel.in is used for indian operations.

I think as an ex Vodafone employee i need to clear some confusion here 😉 Perhaps this might help

Vodafone Group has entered into arrangements with network operators in countries where the Group does not hold an equity stake. Under the terms of these Partner Market Agreements, Vodafone and its partner operators co-operate in the marketing of global products and services with varying levels of brand association.

This strategy enables Vodafone to implement services in new territories and to create additional value to their partners' customers and to Vodafone's travelling customers without the need for equity investment in these countries.

Similar agreements also exist with a number of the Group’s joint ventures, associated undertakings and investments (the affiliates).

Where we are - Vodafone