OS X Lion & BSNL 3G Data stick (Teracom LW273) issues

• Thread starter Thread starter punkinmod
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 15,816

punkinmod

ISP
BSNL
Hi Guys,I have a BSNL 3G USB Datastick (Teracom LW273). They had a Mac OS X Snow Leopard version of the dialer which worked fine. I recently installed OS X Lion & the dialer doesn’t work anymore. I have uninstalled & reinstalled the dialer several times to no avail.How can I get the dialer to work under Lion? Is there a Lion compatible dialer version out there? Does Teracom have a website or contact information anywhere?Thanks!- Girish

Same problem here, did a mistake of upgrading to Lion and now am stuck with both BSNL and MTNL devices and only left a week for my unlimited plans to get over and i cannot use it, searched a lot on net but still not found a solution, teracom.in site too seems to be redirects to same spam site, as usual BSNL CC are clueless as to what Lion is, they have no clue, also talked to guys who distribute Teracom cards and they are only windows trained the regional are manager does not even know what a mac or lion is, frustrating ;-)

@nilesh,I knew I was taking a chance when I bought a no-name brand 3G data stick from BSNL. I doubt Teracom or BSNL is going to update their Mac dialer. Heck, Teracom doesn't even have a website!Does anyone know what chipset Teracom uses in their data sticks? Maybe we can use a dialer from some other manufacturer.

Same problem here, did a mistake of upgrading to Lion and now am stuck with both BSNL and MTNL devices and only left a week for my unlimited plans to get over and i cannot use it, searched a lot on net but still not found a solution, teracom.in site too seems to be redirects to same spam site, as usual BSNL CC are clueless as to what Lion is, they have no clue, also talked to guys who distribute Teracom cards and they are only windows trained the regional are manager does not even know what a mac or lion is, frustrating ;-)

Hello every body...i too recently upgraded to lion.I am having Bsnl ` Teracom LW272.i searched so many site: this is the teracom`s website:
teracom
if we contact them on behalf of all of us...then they may give some driver updates...some other companies in the world are doing like this.Please read below post also.i.e., in

Sam Moffatt @ Pasamio.com » Getting your Huawei modem working with Mac OS X Lion

hauwei company issued a universal driver some thing like that for them and is worked well...can any body contact the Teracom company(email addresses of them are there in the above link)...why i am asking is i am little bit busy.That`s why.
Can any body asks tearoom(i think it is better to call them via phone...then the response will be quicker i think)

Though inspire of these kind of flaws ...os Lion is pentastic......for me it is awesome

Try this 1.you need and 3g compatible mobile handset.2.connect it with your PC via USB cable provided by handset manufacturer.3.Go to system prefrence>network>add network>4.click on adavance and select your handset model from the given list.5.enter model as GSM 3G6.enter APN if you are using BSNL 3G might have bsnlnet as your APN.7.apply the settings and click on connect.8.enjoy net,,,,

I have sent following mail to sales@teracom.in , lets see how quick a indian internet hardware manufacturer understands how critical such things are.

Gaurang

==========================
HI,

I have recently purchased BSNL 3G data card for connecting it to internet, And I have Mac laptop with latest lion od, 10.7.

My hardware model is LW272. Do you know when Teracom is planning to release Mac OS lion 10.7 Dialer and driver ?

Atleast on reliance 3G datacard Huawei was quick to respond with new driver. I am hopeful Teracom will be not be the laggard. There are multiple folks like me and you can find the information below.

https://broadband.forum/bsnl-3g/71050-os-x-lion-and-bsnl/

Gaurang
===========================

I have sent following mail to sales@teracom.in , lets see how quick a indian internet hardware manufacturer understands how critical such things are.

Gaurang

==========================
HI,

I have recently purchased BSNL 3G data card for connecting it to internet, And I have Mac laptop with latest lion od, 10.7.

My hardware model is LW272. Do you know when Teracom is planning to release Mac OS lion 10.7 Dialer and driver ?

Atleast on reliance 3G datacard Huawei was quick to respond with new driver. I am hopeful Teracom will be not be the laggard. There are multiple folks like me and you can find the information below.

https://broadband.forum/bsnl-3g/71050-os-x-lion-and-bsnl/

Gaurang
===========================

Any luck Gaurang? I have tried contacting them & BSNL over the phone about Lion compatibility & I have thrown in my towel.

Guys i am having same issue cant get it working... is their any solution to this yet or we still have to just wait??

Guys i am having same issue cant get it working... is their any solution to this yet or we still have to just wait??

i have got a solution 2 months ago !!!!!! do u want to know?

Share it mate... sharing is caring we all help each other here.. Thanks in advance

just go to dcfiles.com & get updated drivers i.e version 15.001.08.01.45 after that use ur data card successfully in lion

I went there but teracom isnt there in the list 🙁 and i also have BSNL EVDO but with ZTE AC800 even that drivers are not there on that site...

I went there but teracom isnt there in the list 🙁 and i also have BSNL EVDO but with ZTE AC800 even that drivers are not there on that site...

bro use any compatible drivers , every data card drivers r nearly same and can work on others , choose any Huawei data card there and try to see is this is compatible with yours or not