Has Anyone Got Bsnl Dataone In Dombivli ?

The GodFather

Regular
ISP
BSNL UL 750
Hi Guys n Gals,I'm willing to BSNL DataOne Home 900 Plan in Dombivli.I had applied online and as expected there is no response till date from BSNL.I had gone to the Tilak Nagar Exchange but, no one had any idea regarding it despite putting up a BIG hoarding.Has anyone got a DataOne Connection in Dombivli especially Kasturi Plaza area?If yes, what is your say regarding the same. Is it worth it? Also, please let me know the procedure to apply for the same.Thanks in Advance.

Yes I do have the connection, but not the same one and not in the same category. I am satisfied as far as its speed/connectivity/performance etc. compared to local cablenet connections which I had for the previous 7 years.As for the application procedure, you better go to MIDC Customer Care Centre and they will do the things much faster bcas, they are the ones who actually release connections, provide username/passwords etc. You can apply there instantly and payup and also get the connection immediately, if you provide your own modem from the market. Thye do not have chinese modems at stock due to heavy floods in (.......) china for the past 2 months and the fresh lots may (?) come a month or so later.

QUOTE(peelpress @ Aug 30 2006, 08:33 AM) [snapback]60491[/snapback]
Yes I do have the connection, but not the same one and not in the same category. I am satisfied as far as its speed/connectivity/performance etc. compared to local cablenet connections which I had for the previous 7 years.

As for the application procedure, you better go to MIDC Customer Care Centre and they will do the things much faster bcas, they are the ones who actually release connections, provide username/passwords etc. You can apply there instantly and payup and also get the connection immediately, if you provide your own modem from the market. Thye do not have chinese modems at stock due to heavy floods in (.......) china for the past 2 months and the fresh lots may (?) come a month or so later.
[/b]

Hey Dude,

Thanks for your response. In how many days did you get the connection after you applied for it?

BTW, which area do you live? Which Modem did you get for yourself?

It would be very helpful. Thanks in Advance.

QUOTE(The GodFather @ Aug 31 2006, 11:32 AM) [snapback]60614[/snapback]
No one else from Dombivli on this forum ???
[/b]

I applied online and after some 4 months they called up and asked for filing of another application in writing on their usual form after some two months i got the connection. I think i was in the second lot of some 30 connections released way back in december 2005. I know many who have obtained connections in and around both east and west very quickly. mine is 250 home plan. I have type IV modem. now they are giving type II but aqs they dont have stock due to floods in china, they recommend you buying the same in the open market which is costing some 2000 Rs. (D-Link 502T) they will adjust the amount taken as modem price towards future billing after we give them a letter in writing. btw i am located in west. The connection is released immediately if you buy the modem from market. better apply in person on the forum and pay immediately and the connection will be given in 2/3 days after testing your landline for signal strength. anything else ?

Hey gr8.How does it work? Any hiccups? Which modem/router do you use? I plan to get a Netgear WiFi Modem/Router for the same.I currently have Fablinks/Fabnet at my place.Awaiting your reply.

🙁Just went to my local exchange. They say the link is not yet complete in my area and I'll have to wait at least 2 months to get the connection.Well, there goes my dream down the drain.Bcoz, 2 months for BSNL = 6-8 for us. LOL

QUOTE(peelpress @ Aug 29 2006, 08:03 PM) [snapback]60491[/snapback]
Yes I do have the connection, but not the same one and not in the same category. I am satisfied as far as its speed/connectivity/performance etc. compared to local cablenet connections which I had for the previous 7 years.

As for the application procedure, you better go to MIDC Customer Care Centre and they will do the things much faster bcas, they are the ones who actually release connections, provide username/passwords etc. You can apply there instantly and payup and also get the connection immediately, if you provide your own modem from the market. Thye do not have chinese modems at stock due to heavy floods in (.......) china for the past 2 months and the fresh lots may (?) come a month or so later.
[/b]

Hey peelpress,

I am so glad to find someone from Dombivli on this forum. I am also from Dombivli(E). You say 'MIDC Customer Care Centre'. Do you know where that is or you have a phone number for it? What router and modem do you have? I am planning on installing a Vonage phone with BSNL Dataone .. hopefully I won't have to wait forever. Please kindly share the details of your setup, if it works well with you.

Thanks
Shanker

QUOTE(nshanker @ Oct 3 2006, 07:41 AM) [snapback]63944[/snapback]
Hey peelpress,

I am so glad to find someone from Dombivli on this forum. I am also from Dombivli(E). You say 'MIDC Customer Care Centre'. Do you know where that is or you have a phone number for it? What router and modem do you have? I am planning on installing a Vonage phone with BSNL Dataone .. hopefully I won't have to wait forever. Please kindly share the details of your setup, if it works well with you.

Thanks
Shanker
[/b]

Dude, by MIDC Customer Care Centre, he means the MIDC Telephone exchange building behind Pendharkar College. If you are near station, kasturi plaza or tilak nagar area, first go to the Tilak Nagar Telephone exchange. The guy there will tell you whether DataOne is available in your area. Will save your hassle going to MIDC.

As of today, DataOne is not available in Kasturi Plaza and surrounding areas. 🙁

The custom or procedure for BSNL Broadband is to ascertain whether the connection they are releasing is feasible technically. To check that, they test the line for speed, performance, dropage during peak hours, loss of data due to distance etc. After ascertaining above stats, they decide to release the connection, during which, the ordinary telephone line is separated from others and booted on to a separate panel (precisely marked as VIP) and another hookup connection is extended to Info Superhighway which is the internet backbone culster. Only after this the CPE (the equipment at customer premises) would start getting the ADSL Link. The marking is to identify the line as special and immediate attention should be given so as to preserve theconectivity and continuity. The linesmen are also informed of this action and all complaints pertaining to this phone should beaddressed soon. Even if you loose the tel. connection, you wont loose the net connection.This process is nowadays carried on for all the tel. connections in anticipation of theirapplying for a net or future type of IP/Ph/TV etc type of things coming soon. even though they say 2 months, they have been instructed to grant them as soon as possible. Mr. Dayanidhi Maran (our I.T Telcom. Minister) is equally good and able in performance like Mr. Lalu Yadav. So, I hope, you can get the connection pretty soon. Regarding Modem, I have the oneprovided by them at the early stages. Now, it is upto you to buy any tom dick and harry. Regarding Vonage/Netlink/etc or any other VOIP units attached to it, I think none of the VOIP would work with BSNL as the port for such things are blocked by them long back.If you have a service provider (ISP) who gives connection for such things, then you can use them thru their sites. or till them use yahoo or gtalk or skype.

Hello All Dombivli Residents In Dombivli Particularly There R Hardly Any Isp Providers And Whoever R There There Services R Worst. Its Better Not To Have The Connection. Its Just Waste Of Money And Our Time Running Back Of Them For Their Service. With Dombivli Internet Service I Am Having Worst Experience For Their Servicce I Had Applied For Bsnl Broadband Hoping To Get Some Good Response Frm Them. But Here Too The Matter Is Worst. Its Really A Govt Organisation Having Their Standard Replies. "wait & Wait Is The Reply". There Is No Definte Wait Time. They R Really Least Bothered Abt Others Time/ Work /money. Due To This Improper Internet Facility In Dombivli I Lost A Contract God Help People Of Dombivli If Anybody Has Any Good News Abt The Bsnl Broadband Let Me Knw

Hello,

If customers like you actually seriously considered to get connection from the ISP it is not going to be more difficult .. If you actually wanted the connection , pl. forward a formal letter to your Area DE (external)-Dombivili (in case of BSNL connection) enclosing the copy of your original application, (in case of online application you may give the Registration No given at that time). In any caseYour personal visit to DE (external ) office will result in your getting immediate connection in case if it is technically possible area.

Pl contact,

PHADKE DE(EXT) DOMBIVLI 95251-2455353

The phone number is taken from Online telephone directory. If your case is delayed futher, pl. write a complaint to Principal GM, Kalyan.

Also there is a open house session to be organised as given below, if necessary pl. attend with your grievances of your area for the particular date.

Thanking you,
Vaithy

OPEN HOUSE SESSION

The Open House Session is proposed to be held in the following two area offices on the date and time mentioned against each area to apprise the customers about present telecom status and development plans and also to listen to their suggestions.

However, the customers are kindly requested to send their valuable suggestions to concerned area office as mentioned below before 17.00 hours of 16.8.2007 for Bhiwandi, Shahapur, Wada, Jawhar and Mokhada Talukas and Kalyan Exchange areas and before 17.00 hours of 29.8.2007 for Murbad, Ulhasnagar and Ambernath Talukas and Dombivli Exchange areas to enable us to have better interaction with our valued customers. Interested customers are kindly requested to make it convenient to participate in the proposed Open House Sessions to be held at the following stations.

Area
Address to send suggestions / grievances
Venue of Open House Session
Time
(Bhiwandi, Shahapur, Wada, Jawhar & Mokhada Talukas & Kalyan Exchange Areas)

SDE (Tech), O/o Area Manager, Telephone Exchange Bldg., Teli Pada,
Bhiwandi – 421 302
Conference Hall, Central Telephone Exchange Building, Teli Pada,
Bhiwandi 421 302.
Friday, 17th August 2007 at 11.00 Hours

(Murbad,
Ulhasnagar, &
Ambernath Talukas & Dombivli Exchange Areas)

SDE (Tech), O/o Area Manager, Goal Maidan, Telephone Exchange Bldg., Ulhasnagar –2 Ist Floor, Telephone Exchange Building, Ladi Naka, Kalyan-Badlapur Road, Ambernath West
Thursday, 30th August, 2007 at 11.00 Hours

PRINCIPAL GENERAL MANAGER TELECOM
BSNL KALYAN

ya i have connection of dataone since march 2006. It's far far better than any other service provider. genuine data counting, very high speeds probably nobody in this region might have experienced such a high speeds. Download speeds upto 250kbps to 300 kbps. the only problem with them is ther's no technical support online or for that matter 24 hour service. pl. read last sunday's dombivli kalyan plus for one customer's tataindicom internet experience. it gives true picture how private operators cheating people in the name of broadband

Hi Guys and Gals,I am a resident of Dombivli(W). I am using Tata Indicom Broadband connection but for the last 4 months they could not give me a alternate connection as the switch from which i was gettin supply, building authorities disconnected the power supply. From Oct-07 I have complained to Tata but till today no response. So finally i had applied for BSNL DataOne Broadband and also applied for a new phone connection on Jan-22,2008 along with it. But i had applied online and till today no news from bsnl. Could anybody please tell me whom shall i contact or meet in person?

@evanios: For quicker response it's better to meet in person, because you get the updated and correct info about connection availability.