Need Your Inputs For A New Isp..

binarymoksha

Hi Friends, One of my friend is fed up of the atrocities of current ISP incumbents and is planning to take matter in his own hands ie thinking of starting an ISP on his own. He is looking for ideas,suggestions,pricing etc. for creating an action plan which will help in focusing on immediate needs and also provide stuff for long term strategy. I am sure you will give some excellent suggestions which will help him to succeed in this endeavor. Here are few of my suggestions :- 1) Transparent Pricing :- If a plan is said to be 128Kbps unlimited for Rs.650/- then it should be really unlimited and no more charges on top of 650 i.e. it should be all inclusive. 2) Open DC Hubs :- If lan sharing is enabled it will help in reducing bandwidth bottlenecks. 3) Local Gaming Server 4) Remote Backup :- So that users can have backups of their important stuff. So please write about any good,bad,crazy ideas. Yours digitally BinaryMoksha Waiting for the Digital Salvation.

Availability of important free software and their updates like WinAmp,IE,FireFox,Opera,Antivirus Updates on ISP's website which is hosted on Local LAN.......so that ISP will save some bandwidth and user will get imp softwares faster

try keeping the ports open.. my isp blocks most of the ports 🙁have a 24 hrs customer care.. get the line men working for max time possible.. my local distributor works only from 11am- 6pm. ne line probs after these time wuld be repaired nxt day 🙁

For one...I need good service, I mean if my line goes down and the guy turns up after 3 days ..its not worth it. ..or if such thing happens there should be some kind of compensation like extension of validity of the pack. Also follow the PPPOE model , that ensures availability of LAN and also its standards compliant across all OS, so linuxusers wont have to suffer like they do with SIFY....also PPPOE will ensure global IP address for each subscriber, thus conforming to Indian Cyber Laws. Web hosting should also be allowed...port 80 should not be blocked for incoming connections.