• Thread starter Thread starter NeO
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 3,845

NeO

Regulars
ISP
MTNL 849NU
I came back home started my computer and got this weird msg "Can't listen to port 6515.Make sure the TCP/IP transport is setup correctly and that no other apllication are already listening on that port" 😱

So, i got worried then i checked tht i was able to login then sify gave BB101 error unable to reach server.I was worried what is goin on then i called cust. care and informed abt it they said its not there problem please contact ur network engineer ,I said my network engineer 😉

Then i restored my comp went to google to see what was the problem then i found this and i tell u guys u will be surprised ..........

http://www.cgisecurity.com/archive/webserv...transversal.txt

Admin: Latest version is not affected by this problem

Add that to the endless list of Sify's problems. Lol, they called me up today since it was close to renewing my account (knowing them) and asked why I haven't been using my internet connection. I gave them a piece of my mind. 😀 Kinda feel free now that I'm not using sify.

!!!!Sify's McAfee antivirus makes hacking someone's computer a 6 year old child's play.I am glad I'm not running it anymore.

Oooooooh Thts a vulnerability there. sh*t!Sify must be held responsible for any losses because of this.But does this vul exist in the new BB Client?

This specific vulnerability is eliminated if one stops using their crappy AV altogether.

Notes-----McAfee where notified of this issue 28-June-2001Quitta old dont u think . did anybody tried it ?? I think it may not work now as its of 4 year old . Dunno i didnt tried it jut a guess 🤔

lol No need to worry guy see this . It was fixeed in 2001 so our versions arent vulnerable as sify started this last year 😛

McAfee has taken action to address the vulnerability discovered in
the
VirusScan ASaP agent technology, which affected all users of
VirusScan ASaP. McAfee has distributed the fix to all McAfee ASaP
update sites for automatic
distribution to end users. The fix will be downloaded and applied to
end user systems in the normal course of updating that VirusScan ASaP
performs
each day. Any VirusScan ASaP agents that have performed an update
since 03:30 Greenwich Mean Time on July 14, 2001 will have applied
the fix.

Users who wish to manually initiate an update can do so by double
clicking
on the VirusScan ASaP system tray icon. Users who have questions
about this procedure or
experience other issues should contact McAfee technical support
through standard channels.

McAfee has received no reports of security breaches at customer sites
as a result of this vulnerability.

[/b]

ok got the msg but how did i get affected.As soon i started my computer it said " can't listen on port 6515".

probably some other prog using that port .That vulnerability is fixed but myci0 still listens on port 6515 😛 . U are getting that error by mcafee agent kya ??

tht what im not sure .IThou im sure tht no other programs were workin on tht port.Also borg gave me hte error like "cant find TCP server make ,another instance of borg is workin" thou there was only one instance

Why do they need to implement a light-weight web-server on ASaP anyway. A web-server means some or the other vulnerabilities.Infact any and all services which one doesn't need should be disabled.All the Sify subscribers using ASaP don't even know they have a web-server running :blink:

Originally posted by the_one@Feb 13 2005, 05:32 AM
Oooooooh Thts a vulnerability there. sh*t!
Sify must be held responsible for any losses because of this.
But does this vul exist in the new BB Client?
[snapback]5878[/snapback]
[/quote]
Just a thought. Have you ever felt the same about the vulnerabilities that Microsoft has callously left unfixed in Windows ? If yes, have you ever held them responsible for it ? If yes, have you ever claimed any damages from them ? If yes, have you ever got anything ?

Sorry to be cynical but just felt like saying it !