• Thread starter Thread starter salaxzar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 6,976

salaxzar

ISP
airtel
Hi guys,

I shifted back to Delhi and Hathway is now offering 50mbps in my area. So went ahead and gave a shot. Called them yesterday and got connection installed within 24 hours. Payment was of Rs 6800 for three months.

Post FUP, speeds are of 1mbps.

Getting decent 42mbps+ speeds on Wifi and 48-49mbps speeds on LAN.

Upload speeds kind of suck with 2-3mbps, however I don't upload much so okay with it.

Have kept Airtel 8mbps as a backup. Will see how this new connection performs for 3 months and will deactivate hathway/airtel depending upon the performance.

Speeds this morning

Hey! I am from east delhi and thinking to go for hathway! is the connection relaible and does it disconnect?

Mine has been reliable since the past 4 days. Constant 45mbps+ speeds. No lag or high pings.

hi, i m on Hathway too, is it 150gb fup per month?
if yes thats a nice plan.

Thanks.

Yes i am on the same plan. The only thing I am worried about is Hathway inflating the bandwith usage. Kindly let me know if you face it. I read some posts about it.

It has been exactly 1 month since I took Hathway. (Noida Sector 122) , and have suffered like heck.

Here are some of the major headaches -

1. Suffered more than 15 incidences of down time. If it happened after 8-9pm, then it would only get sorted out some time next morning. Out of the 15-16 down time incidences, 12 of them happened at night. Had to call them each time because the 3rd time I got down time, I didn't call, the connection didn't come back up in the morning, but later that day after 12 noon.

Called them "15 Times" for this reason.

2. Kept getting SMSes for raised complaints.
Then got SMSes for Solved Complaints that weren't SOLVED.
It was the same goddamn complaint since day 1. Speed issue. Never got solved from my end.
But it was certainly solved in their world.
Imaginary complaints I guess.

3. Took the 1 Mbps Day 2 Mbps night. Didn't get even one day of 2 Mbps at night as promised.

Called them 7-8 times "additionally" for this, then gave up. For one month, haven't received my 2 Mbps night speeds. Just perfect. No one knows where the problem lies. Perfect.

4. My connection was set on 27th March. When 21st April came, out of nowhere I got a call saying that this guy wanted to come to take the payment. I refused saying that my due date wasn't up until 26th April. The next day net went down and didn't come back up. Hell started after that. Called them 3-4 times a day. At first they didn't even understand what I was saying. Then they asked me to troubleshoot and then said it will be solved in a few hours. This was told to me over 10 times. Between this, one pathetic retarded fellow from customer care started asking me some questions about my account and connection date details etc. For the first time I got an SMS stating some "BILL_ABCXYZ102" code as the category for my complaint. Prior to this they were all "TECH_XYZ123" categories.

Next day when net went down, I asked directly about "Is Net Down In My Area (sector 122)?" before giving them my account details. They said "No Sir", and proceeded to solve my problem , imaginably of course. They said, my connection was set on 22nd April and not 27th March so there should NOT be any problem with my account billing issues. But I knew that their system was already screwed up to begin with. The pathetic Customer Care Dept was seeing "EVERYTHING OK" on my account with the exception that my connection was activated on "22nd April" LOL. I had to convince them more than thrice that my connection was set last month and not this month. Any other guy would've gone with their end's mistake for his own benefit. But it seems, their CUSTOMER CARE , BILLING TEAM and TECHNICAL TEAM reside in 3 separate corners of the world and have no means of communication between them except sending information via the stone age Customer Account Management System which must also have some sort of bug in it as if the bugs in these guys brains wasn't enough. LOL

Almost 5 days after my connection went down last week, an out-of-place intelligent lady on the other end of the customer care somehow understood she should forward my issue to the right person and someone from the Tech Team called me back the next day and he solved my problem within minutes.

The net came back up and I was relieved. Oh no, not for long. Momentarily of course.

A call from Billing Team came and this pretty rude guy at first didn't pay heed to my problem, didn't even try to understand all of it. Took him a while to convince that I had my receipts with me and had taken snapshots of them stating it was "27th March" and not "22nd April" and had sent them to their email ID - delteam@hathway.net. And I also told him that since I didn't get any internet service for the span of nearly 5 days (4 days 18 hours to be precise), I should get a waiver or extension for the same. So I was able to convince him to extend my due date THIS month from 26th April to 1st May. He wasn't too pleased for agreeing to it.

Today, I got a call for "Bill Pickup" from Collections Team, and somehow I found that this team is also residing in another corner of the world and has no communication or link with the Billing Team and they seemed to not care for whatever I was told by the Billing Team few days back. They were only interested in taking the money. I asked them what will they do if I denied a pickup for today, so they told me they will send a message that "Customer Denied Payment" and nothing else in the note to the billing team.

At the end I told them specifically to come on 1st May to collect payment in the end enough.

Now I am going to live anxiously until 1st May wondering when they will cut my connection without proper knowledge of the situation.

I don't really have a perfect word what to call this sort of service.

Surprisingly Hathway has good service standards back in my HomeTown in Calcutta. So why this huge incomparable difference here in the Delhi NCR?

Just Why?

thats awesome, how come they haven't listed the plan with 150 fup a month on their website yet?
i guess their website is out of date when it comes to plans listed.