• Thread starter Thread starter audioslave
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 3,508

audioslave

What?
ISP
Beam 24Hours
I received a Call from (040)23401269 . He was taking surveys about broadband and he asked if i can give my details about my connection. I found him interesting so i asked him from which ISP are you calling.. He said They are doing surveys.. I asked company's name.. Says we are doing a general survey.. he was asking which isp are you using? i told him about my isp Beam and told few lies about the experiences about the isp.. Later when i asked him from where the heck did you get my number.. he says we are calling everyone and taking surveys.

He was asking all strange questions regarding beam.. Why did you choose beam.. did you see the AD? how much you are paying? I think he might some person from other isp who are about to launch.. I don't have clue what this Bastard is up to?

Details about the number:

Yeah typical marketing survey calls I just hang them up or tell them never to call otherwise will report it as un-wanted marketing call as my number is listed in DND (Do not disturb).Also got a couple SMS from Beam that some people are asking for Address proof etc calling themselves that they are from Beam and doing verification crap etc..... Beam has mentioned that do not give any personal / address details to them.

Yeah the guy on the phone was asking all stupid questions.. Do you know how much is beam's turnover kathe? How do i know? Am i working in that company?

You made him some bucks, being an erm!Don't worry about the numerous marketing calls you are soon gonna get bombarded with ^^Best Wishes.

Details about the number:

Ooh... which website are you using to get those subscriber details? I've got a few companies that I'd like to give a piece of my mind for spam calls & SMSes. (BTW, this survey is not us... just for the record... we'd only call if we had permission).

.. some other guy from the same number called me just now and mentioned my name.. and i have never mentioned name anywhere.. probably no where his chances of getting my name are nil.. some data might be stoled from beam's database.. thats where i think he got my details.. I would Probably sort about this with beam today itself..even my mobile isn't Registered in my name.. then how would he get? He called my name and asked me You are an Beam subscriber right?

.. some other guy from the same number called me just now and mentioned my name.. and i have never mentioned name anywhere.. probably no where his chances of getting my name are nil.. some data might be stoled from beam's database.. thats where i think he got my details.. I would Probably sort about this with beam today itself..

even my mobile isn't Registered in my name.. then how would he get? He called my name and asked me You are an Beam subscriber right?

Surely Beam isn't the only entity which has the phone number you're being called on... and even if they are, these telemarketing firms have a habit of knowing where to buy information from all over the place - legally or not, and whether you're on the DNC list or not, and they have a tendency to have most or all of the information registered to that number (names, addresses, everything). I get spam on my Vodafone India number even though NOBODY has that number except my Mrs and co-directors of Hayai.

I think the calls are not being appropriated or requested by Beam... after all, if you're a customer of theirs, they know what plan you're on and how much you're paying.

I called Beam Regarding this and asked for an clarification Regarding the Sms which they are sending about " DO not submit documents/Share information " Which was officially sent by beam .. they told some incidents where strangers go to customer house and collect the documents telling them they are from beam..... I even asked " Do you/your people leak no's to agencies?" They clearly told its not possible for others to get our subscriber details.

Yeah the guy on the phone was asking all stupid questions.. Do you know how much is beam's turnover kathe? How do i know? Am i working in that company?

they were asking u about the turnover? strange :bulgy-eyes:.....first time in my life i heard something like this.

It must be some rival company trying to gather info. And i would say that is not unlikely as hyd has really turned into beam land, a virtual monopoly......really hope that airtel,rel etc survive..

they were asking u about the turnover? strange :bulgy-eyes:.....first time in my life i heard something like this.

It must be some rival company trying to gather info. And i would say that is not unlikely as hyd has really turned into beam land, a virtual monopoly......really hope that airtel,rel etc survive..

I am sure that it must be Airtel..
The guy who called me in the morning was asking.. "do you know any other Isp" I told him i knew few of them.. So he asked me what you know? I quizzed him that moment whether are you from other Isp or what? he refused to mention details.. Even i am experiencing this for the first time..

I am sure that it must be Airtel..
The guy who called me in the morning was asking.. "do you know any other Isp" I told him i knew few of them.. So he asked me what you know? I quizzed him that moment whether are you from other Isp or what? he refused to mention details.. Even i am experiencing this for the first time..

Airtel is really s**t...and they are more annoyed bcoz for the first time someone has officially s**t in there face. They are the biggest telco in India but can't upgrade their stupid and ancient ADSL system to at least some modern VDSL standard leave alone FTTH. And then the cry why cant they offer higher speeds.

This might be the first time an ISP will face virtual extinction in a city !!!

I called my operator and asked him to take action on that number. I am already registered to DND service and still i get stupid messages and calls.. I end up complaining against them..I highly doubt it's Reliance or hathway or You broadband. It must be Craptel who does these things.. heard they got kicked badly in hyderabad..

OFFTOPIC: well even my number used to be in DND list and actually the frequency of spam increased after that! :X well saw on Tv9 that ad agencies are bribing ppl and taking numbers from DND list as they assume ppl who enrolled into them mostly belong to towns and so they want numbers on DND list!! :S

They are the biggest telco in India but can't upgrade their stupid and ancient ADSL system to at least some modern VDSL standard leave alone FTTH. And then the cry why cant they offer higher speeds.

Airtel has VDSL... in a small number of locations, anyway. The plans are 30 and 50mbit/s with 200GB data caps and are extremely expensive (Rs8-9k + tax). I'm sure they're probably citing "lack of demand" as a reason to not roll it out very fast... but at those prices, who would demand it!?

...ad agencies are bribing ppl and taking numbers from DND list...

Like I was saying!