• Thread starter Thread starter arnav_ch
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,115

arnav_ch

Regulars
ISP
2 mbps @ 849NU(MTNL)
i had some problems with sify as they did not take adequate permission with my uilding and gave me a connection.since then i have several problems with sify to refund my money.after which i complained to core.nic.in after which in 10 days, sify is ready to refund the money. they have already sent me a cheque of the balance amount. u can also try it .its a consumer help forum.

awsum. Thnx for the info.

gr8 we need atleast 10-15 forums like that. coz now they'll get flooded with complaints abt sify. :lol: anyways gud job.

Was it just service disruption (inadequate service/no service) or was it because Sify did not get adequate permissions from your society for installation of switches/SU/cabling?Also, was Sify directly providing you internet service or was it through a CTO?

QUOTE(siddhesh @ Aug 26 2006, 12:54 AM) [snapback]60022[/snapback]
Was it just service disruption (inadequate service/no service) or was it because Sify did not get adequate permissions from your society for installation of switches/SU/cabling?

Also, was Sify directly providing you internet service or was it through a CTO?
[/b]

it was due to service disruption
sify was providing direct connection that was the main reason the service was disrupted as our cto protested over this.
did they refund the installation charges[/b]

luckily for me, i got free installation at my place. otherwise i wouldnt have even got into sify.

consumer helpline.
u can visit this site or phone at
18001114000 the tollfree number.

QUOTE(arnav @ Aug 26 2006, 02:46 AM) [snapback]60032[/snapback]
it was due to service disruption
sify was providing direct connection that was the main reason the service was disrupted as our cto protested over this.
[/b]
This was the exact same thing that happened at my old home too. Cablewallas created havoc due to Sify giving us internet connections even when they themselves were not in a position to provide us with broadband connections. We received threats and our cable tv connection was cut off. One of the Sify guys was beaten up, which was really scary.

Due to all this Sify asked us whether we wanted to take our money back and get rid of all this trouble; they were facing plenty of losses with all the free extensions they were having to give us due to the interruptions. And it was really not worth the trouble for them because it meant losing only 7 customers from our society. We actually stood by them because of their cooperation and because we wanted the service which was quite nice; a good shift from dialup cost-wise as well as speed-wise. In the end I think there was a payoff of some kind (hafta paid to the CTOs) so that our service could remain.

We even had opposition from our society members because their cable service had been interrupted; this inspite of a written permission from the secretary. At that time I felt that it was mighty big of Sify the way they handled the entire episode without getting us into too much trouble.

Siddhesh