BSNL 3G Modem LW272 installation problem - No device detected - HELP

• Thread starter Thread starter fireflies
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 12,765

fireflies

ISP
BSNL
Hi,When i plug in the BSNL 3G Modem LW272 into my computer(Windows XP) the following happens1- THe 'found new hardware' message pops up at the bottom right of the screen2- the BSNL installation software automatically starts. The progress bar starts moving to the right with the message 'Installing Resource'3- When the progress bar is near to the end. The message 'Installing Drivers' appears4- Then at the bottom right of the screen the message 'Found new hardware - SOftware Download' appears.5- Then the New Harware Wizard opens up and asks me from where to install drivers. I press cancel because i don't have any drivers6- THen the message appears at the bottom right of the screen - 'A problem has occured while installing your new device. It may not function properly'7- Then the progress bar of the BSNL installation software reaches to the right end and the message appears 'restart your computer' i press 'yes'8- After restarting i then open the 'BSNL 3g' icon on the desktop. The software opens up but on the top left it says 'no device'9- Then i check in device manager under other devices there is '?Software Download'. THis is with a yellow question mark10- I tried un pluging and repluging the usb modem but it still says 'no device' in the softwarePlease help me fix this problem. DO i need drivers of teracom LW272 modem driver? What do i need to do.

Hi,uninstall the software, reboot the system.next incert modem when popup comes closeit.do not install any thing.it will detect as mass storage device.now open tha drive to find installation files; copy them to desktop/whaere ever you like.remove data card,reboot,installe from the location you have saved.do not plug the modem.finish installation. reboot system.plug the modem.if it asks for the drivers point it to c:\\ programfiles\bsnl3g\after every thing working take backup of your registryregards