IPS Display with HDMI Support Requirement - Size: 23-27 inch Budget: Rs. 20-25000

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13033
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 11,813
D

Deleted member 13033

hi...have been searching for some months now but I cant seem to get any better option than the Dell for IPS.....however after reading and going through tons of problems with DELL IPS displays including that of admin I have decided not go for it for now......I was wondering when will LG launch their IPS panels here as they were suppose to long time back they have just launched their 3D monitor here......Preferred size from 23' inches to 27" inchesHDMI PortPrice under 25000 though would prefer it if it comes in 20000

you need to be more specific. what size you are looking for.what is your budget. what companies do you prefer.

not really that biggy on the co. just thing should be proper lol 😛

i asked for three simple question. answer them if you are serious about your query.

I have already updated the post ? if u asking about the models preferably LG236v......LG2370 or LG 2770 like I told you before ?nd I am dam serious I have been looking for 2 months to get a new monitor now.......

Dell Ultrasharp U2311H ~14k is the only one i could find. Samsung and LG don't sell any IPS panel monitors here.

why not buy a Panasonic 32 inch tv which has a HDMI port..!? we bought it for 23000bucks 6 months ago 🙂

its for pc purpose 32" is gonna kick ass to the eyes 😛

----------

Dell Ultrasharp U2311H ~14k is the only one i could find. Samsung and LG don't sell any IPS panel monitors here.

no hdmi port ..nd Dell seems to have all kinds problems with their ips lately...admin has had some experience with it 😛

Okay, splitting into bullet points to address various angles.

1. The 20k budget is too low if you want a proper/good IPS monitor. (the U2311H is great at 14k but that's just a relative thing, in absolute terms that monitor is much worse than U2410)

2. Using TV for PC monitor is a definite no-no, as you've already said (resolution, eye-strain, inputs, panel quality, signal decoding, LUT, etc).

3. There is no shortage of IPS monitors by other brands in India. Get an Apple Cinema Display 23-inch (link) if you don't mind paying a huge premium and yet losing lot of features.

4. You can get a monitor from any of the other global brands (LG, NEC, HP, etc). Just that you'll have to conduct the deal over a forum, pay a premium over its US price, wait 2 weeks for shipping. And then once you have it, take care of it since warranty is effectively absent.

5. The impression you got about Dell (from others, from web, from admin 😛) is wrong. Obviously bad news travels faster than good news. When stuff is as expected, people don't usually bother to say so, but complain when it's not.

6. A number of people I know who own Dell UltraSharp monitors (note the plural), have had no problem at all and are happy with the product quality, pricing and support responsiveness.

except you. almost everyone i have met online who owns the U2711 model has seen a bad unit delivered to him.

I know I can book the monitor from Outside India but I wont get any support for it here....so better to settle of what ever is available here.....or wait more.....

----------

except you. almost everyone i have met online who owns the U2711 model has seen a bad unit delivered to him.

Dell U2311 has similar issues too....later Dell released some new series which had lesser problems.....

----------

3. There is no shortage of IPS monitors by other brands in India. Get an Apple Cinema Display 23-inch (link) if you don't mind paying a huge premium and yet losing lot of features.

I dont think apple has given support for them for pc yet.....they only work with the Mac I think 😛

1. The 20k budget is too low if you want a proper/good IPS monitor. (the U2311H is great at 14k but that's just a relative thing, in absolute terms that monitor is much worse than U2410)

2. Using TV for PC monitor is a definite no-no, as you've already said (resolution, eye-strain, inputs, panel quality, signal decoding, LUT, etc).

4. You can get a monitor from any of the other global brands (LG, NEC, HP, etc). Just that you'll have to conduct the deal over a forum, pay a premium over its US price, wait 2 weeks for shipping. And then once you have it, take care of it since warranty is effectively absent.

5. The impression you got about Dell (from others, from web, from admin 😛) is wrong. Obviously bad news travels faster than good news. When stuff is as expected, people don't usually bother to say so, but complain when it's not.

6. A number of people I know who own Dell UltraSharp monitors (note the plural), have had no problem at all and are happy with the product quality, pricing and support responsiveness.
seems like you too use Dell ultrasharp monitor! 😛

hehe. prathap is my hardware man. i buy what he suggests. Dell u2711 was his recommendation too. 😀