Youtube - Stop Buffering

• Thread starter Thread starter popcorn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 3,119

popcorn

ISP
Some company Broadband 50mbps + Jio Airfiber 30mbps
is there any way to stop buffering of youtube if i start video and did not like. if i click pause... still it keeps on downloading. is there any way to stop buffering?

Right Click on the Video >> Stop Download.

gr8 find admin !

I wud close the tab (ctrl-w) and reopen it (ctrl-shift-t).That was the fastest way I cud figure out without touching mouse!

haha. clicking at near the end of the video also worked out nicely as mentioned in the reddit thread.

the actual use of this stop is required in facebook.... if you have some videos on wall... and say you did not like one... still it keeps downloading and the performance of other video suffers! now it should solve the problem !

I wud close the tab (ctrl-w) and reopen it (ctrl-shift-t).

That was the fastest way I cud figure out without touching mouse!
Wouldn't refreshing the page do the same thing?

refreshing actually refreshes the entire page. closing the tab and restoring it would open it from local cache.

opera actually offers both. reload and refresh...

https://imgur.com/Vwlcn

i think pressing enter in the address bar does a reload and not refresh. reload is faster than refresh.

Well refreshing the page wud reload everything from server. Ctrl-shift-t will bring it back from memory.

on complicated pages that would be the case. this forum does not load up fast from cache for me for example. but in general cases refresh would be slower than a reload.