• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 10,074
Status
Not open for further replies.

eliksir

ISP
Reliance
Hi guys. Just got my reliance broadband(wired) connection today. 1mbps UL one. It came with that Bintaone DT 815. As it had only 1 port and i needed to share it with 4-5 systems, i bought a wireless router, D-Link dir 615, which had 4 lan ports and a wifi. While configuring, there were 3 options - static ip, dynamic ip and pppoe. Static IP was out of question. I need to configure using either of the other two.tried the dynamic ip thingy, but it was of no use since there was no field where i could enter the username😛assword. and for the pppoe, i have the username and password. it asks 2 more things. the pppoe service name and the pppoe concentrator. I have no idea what the second one is. Tried the first one with things like reliance, reliancebroadband ... etc but then again, everything went in vain.Tried calling the CC but the same guy kept picking my call everytime. He started of saying like, they haven't provided information about pppoe to the CC. in the next call he said sharing is not possible. in the next call he said no ISPs in india allow sharing bla bla bla. After a while he said he was the only guy on the nightshift and no one else is available till 6 am. :/So, can someone help me configure this thing so that i can share the connection on 2 or more systems and also get rid of the shitty reliance login page ?

if you are connecting your wireless router to the reliance modem, you do not need to configure the router with your reliance settings. i could be wrong though coz reliance requires you to login through their local portal to login.

okay.... so what are the reliance settings ? any idea ? tried calling the cc. he said they can't give any information regarding the settings. after a few tries i said i'm willing to pay as much money as he needs and he admitted they don't have any information. :/I went through the forum and found threads/replies like "to get rid of the portal login page, search the forums". tried searching but didn't find anything useful.thanks for the reply though

i think you would need to get a static IP from reliance to get rid of the login box. reliance users might be able to help out in morning. most of them are sleeping right now i guess.

feel free to use the sharing buttons (google +1, like, tweet) so that you can spread the query around!

the modem that was given by reliance. some binatone dt 815. just an adsl modem with 1 lan port. plugged a cat cable from that to my system. tried opening some site, redirects to the reliance portal and i've to login there if i need to access some other site.tried to get into the modem's config on 192.168.1.1, 1.2 ...etc (the usual ones) but they don't work. the modem is fresh and even has a sticker saying its config ip is 192.168.1.1. Tried resetting the modem, but still no avail

I don't know much about reliance but I think you need to get a static IP as stated by admin to get rid of that login box & connect different systems at a time . .

eliksir you need to set the Wifi modem to Dynamic / Auto settings and make these changes to the router...... most of the WiFi routers work with Reliance you just need to change a few setting in the router admin interface see the video I have linked below on how to do the same.

YouTube - ‪Reliance broadband with WiFi Router‬‏

----------

BTW just wanted to add that you do not need a static IP by following the method I have mentioned in the above video it will work as it used to do earlier, you will get the login page on your first PC you just login there are you can access the net from all other PC or devices attached to your router.

----------

Also forgot to mention that you will also need to reset your WiFi modem local IP to 192.168.2.1 from the usual 192.168.1.1 as the Reliance modem Binatone also has the admin interface on 192.168.1.1 so that will cause conflict, after changing your Wifi IP to 192.168.2.1 your admin interface for your Wifi router will be on the new IP i.e 192.168.2.1 hope this info helps let me know if it works.

hey... thanks for the video but i had already tried those things without any luck before posting here

eliksir I do not have a D-Link Wifi router but I have tried the steps mentioned with reliance wired broadband on a Linksys, Belkin, modded DD-WRT router and a Asus router and by making some of those changes that I mentioned on the router it works great with reliance..... again I do admit that you need to tweak around with your router settings for it to work with reliance again no point asking their customer care coz they are clueless any they might just say that a Wifi router is not supported ......... but it does work need to have a little patience...... I just do not get why reliance does not provide ppope option I would have made it so much easier.

----------

Also forgot to mention that after making those changes and rebooting the router you might need to go to http://10.239.89.15 to get the login page also it is best to manually add the reliance DNS in the DNS option manually if it does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.