Help to UNCAP 3G HSUPA e-Stick ZTE MF631 after 15 GB usage is finished!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter jdepp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 6,087
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdepp

ISP
Tata DoCoMo 3G
Hello, i am using tata 3g hsupa e-stick and i need to download a lot of stuff but d thing is that after 15 gb usage , the isp caps the bandwidth to 128kbps. This is done when we connect to the isp tftp server which returns a configuration file for the modem, which contains the data for max. speed for upload and download to be supported by the modem. I searched everywhere but couldn't find the way to uncap a WIRELESS modem. I read an article posted about uncapping dis modem but dat was actualy for a CABLE modem. i guess no one has till now figured out a way to uncap it and many of us face d same problem due to capping of bandwidth. Can ANYONE help me out wid these??

Isn't that a crime ? a serious one i suppose...

Isn't that a crime ? a serious one i suppose...

yes definitly it is but whu cares, also i think its worth trying; )
nd for worst, they will drop ur services but will not file a case
well, i habe already done my arrangements and unlocked d modem in case they drop my services

nope thats not illegal. if you have read the offer CAREFULLY they must have printed *fair usage policy applicable. that means your speed or data usage will be limited. i know that suks but even i had MTS once with same scheme. after 15gb of usage they capped me. i called MTS and yelled at them(i dint knew about fair usage policy back then). GUESS WHAT they uncapped me. CALL IT LUCK

nope thats not illegal. if you have read the offer CAREFULLY they must have printed *fair usage policy applicable. that means your speed or data usage will be limited. i know that suks but even i had MTS once with same scheme. after 15gb of usage they capped me. i called MTS and yelled at them(i dint knew about fair usage policy back then). GUESS WHAT they uncapped me. CALL IT LUCK

yes its stated in d fair usage policy that it is illegal to uncap but still i want to know

Status
Not open for further replies.