does shraing my IP address means i can share my beam with another beam customer..?!

anyone.?!

I am not sure how he is going to check how the 24 hour online client works by just by knowing your IP?? by your IP address... Can you give more details... does he have beam connection and plans you use your IP to login ?Anyways in your case as it is a static I wouldn't recommend sharing it with anyone.. you gotta live with it for all the time you'll be with Beam... Though it depends how trust worthy this person is...

yea..i was also thinking about this static ip thinggy.... mainly because its a static ip...well he's an IBF user (vissu) who wants to try out my 24online account..apparently he's a beam customer.....and those beam guys didn't install any new software while installing beam...they just came...connected the fiber wire..and then entered IP address ...and then when i opened browser...24hour online client came up...entered the username and password..and then net connected...so...this user wants me to give him my ip address....BUT am a little concerned..:talktohand:

Hmm quite a fix.. I'll leave it up to you...

You can try some desktop sharing softwares (if the purpose is to get the look and feel of the 24 * 7 client...)

Also my guess is, he'll still be directed to the Beam portal because the 24*7 or beam portal are intranet sites which cannot be accessed outside the network...