Exact Internet Speed required by Youtube to Stream without buffering

• Thread starter Thread starter 5381357
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 24,996

240p 1Mbps360p with low bitrate 1Mbps360p with high bitrate 2Mbps480p with low bitrate 2Mbps480p with high bitrate 5Mbps720p with low bitrate 5Mbps720p with high bitrate 8Mbps1080p with low bitrate 10Mbps1080p with high bitrate 12MbpsNote: This is a test by me by testing Youtube Videos out on all Speeds, I had applied for high Speed connection like 4,8,10 and 20Mbps for few days from various ISPs and tested Video streaming and downloading Speeds, so these results are accurate, so be sure to check out these Speeds before taking Speeds from any ISPs if your Video Streaming a lot, thanks.🙂

10, 12 Mbps ?? Which ISPs in Mumbai provide these speeds ??? :confuse:

fivenet has a 10Mbps package. regardless of that i can load most youtube videos within few secs on fivenet coz they do a lot of caching i assume.

10, 12 Mbps ?? Which ISPs in Mumbai provide these speeds ??? :confuse:
The answer to your question is Reliance, I had taken Reliance Wireline Metro Ethernet Galaxy 10Mbps and 20Mbps for few days for testing and tested it out.🙂

The answer to your question is Reliance, I had taken Reliance Wireline Metro Ethernet Galaxy 10Mbps and 20Mbps for few days for testing and tested it out.🙂

Tariff plans ??

Tariff plans ??
Well, I had taken those plans long back and I had payed about 6k for a week.😀

That's Reliance 4 U... Just waiting 4 Hayai to launch their services here...Finally, high speed connectivity @ reasonable prices... :smiley-bounce022:

You mention exact speed and then mention things like "low" and "high" bit rate. At what level do you differentiate between low and high bit rates? You don't mention any specific ISP and location. Do you assume all ISP's at all locations provide the same percentage of plan speeds?

Well, I had taken those plans long back and I had payed about 6k for a week.😀

That's Reliance 4 U... Jst waiting for Hayai 2 launch their services here...
Atleast we can expect reasonable pricing....

That's Reliance 4 U... Jst waiting for Hayai 2 launch their services here...
Atleast we can expect reasonable pricing....
Yup, I am desperately waiting for hayai services to be launched in Mumbai, It's almost been 2years since Mathew is talkin bout it but he should know that Actions speak louder than words, how much longer can we wait hun? they say strange things are gonna happen at the end of 2012 so it's better Mathew acts fast and starts his ISP ASAP, time is running out as well as everyone's life.:Wait:

I do not agree with your finding and I create a lot of youtube videos here are some of the figures that will work360p 1 Mbps (without any issues) even some low bit rate 480p vis will play like software demos etc.480p 2 Mbps is more than enough720p around 4 Mbps Heck I had reliance 1 Mbps connection for a long time and used to watch 360p continuously without any issues, again during playing these video nothing else should be running in the background.

I do not agree with your finding and I create a lot of youtube videos here are some of the figures that will work
+1

For youtube videos mtnls 0.7mbps plan works almost all the time.
1 mpbs will play few 480p videos.
2mbps is sufficient for 480 videos.
And a little over 2mbps should play 720p well.
3.6mbps should suffice for 1080p videos.
But this hold true for a very large percentage of youtube videos only (most of them are at bitrates which will work with these speeds). For other sites like a hulu or netflix and good streaming sources etc these speeds will not suffice.

There is another thread here which talks about the same thing. Dont know if they can be merged or something.

https://broadband.forum/india-broadband/70178-video-streaming-much-bandwidth-do/

Note: This is a test by me by testing Youtube Videos out on all Speeds, I had applied for high Speed connection like 4,8,10 and 20Mbps for few days from various ISPs and tested Video streaming and downloading Speeds, so these results are accurate, so be sure to check out these Speeds before taking Speeds from any ISPs if your Video Streaming a lot, thanks.🙂

Speeds provided by our ISP's differ from one to another, for instance, 1mbps speeds provided by your cable internet service provider Fivenet would only be as good as 384kbps or 512kbps speeds provided by ISP's having their own bandwidth like Tata or Airtel cause the former is providing shared speeds while the later is providing dedicated speeds.

1mbps dedicated speeds with a max contention ratio of 1:18 with fast DNS servers should be more than enough for videos that are 640x480 in dimension, irrespective of what their quality may be.

Likewise 4mbps for 720p and 7mbps for 1080p would be sufficient.

240p 1Mbps

360p with low bitrate 1Mbps

360p with high bitrate 2Mbps

480p with low bitrate 2Mbps

480p with high bitrate 5Mbps

720p with low bitrate 5Mbps

720p with high bitrate 8Mbps

1080p with low bitrate 10Mbps

1080p with high bitrate 12Mbps

Note: This is a test by me by testing Youtube Videos out on all Speeds, I had applied for high Speed connection like 4,8,10 and 20Mbps for few days from various ISPs and tested Video streaming and downloading Speeds, so these results are accurate, so be sure to check out these Speeds before taking Speeds from any ISPs if your Video Streaming a lot, thanks.🙂

note ur test is stupid...
240 resolution required only 256kbps to work
and as resolution increases the speed required in increased
i have smoothly ran a HD 720 video on youtube at 2mbps..