Torrent Speeds On 256kbps Connection

simon.george

ISP
BSNL Dataone (Home 1350 UL+)
Hi All, I am using 256 Kbps Unlimited connections and i am getting a download speed of 29-30 KBps at normal hours. But still when i am using torrent (Bit Lord) I am not getting the same speed in a constant manner sometimes it reaches 25 (max).As far as I know from torrent we should get the more speed (if peers are available) So is there any settings to be done on the modem to get high speeds in torrent and which is the best torrent client. And also I am unable to download files from rapid share site its saying my ip had reached the max downloads. Is there any way i can download files from rapid shareRegardsSimon

Bit Lord is one of the simple & best torrent client . There are many clents ; And you need not go for others . I have seen modem tweaks for torrents somewhere . If I find then I'll inform you (if noneresponds it here) .And regarding link-removed downloads , as a Freeuser one can download upto 30MB at a time only .after this limit one has to wait for about an hour .And different methods are available to try to overcome this . I dont think that the methods canbe posted here ...

QUOTE(seshu @ Aug 23 2006, 06:56 PM) [snapback]59668[/snapback]
Bit Lord is one of the simple & best torrent client .
There are many clents ; And you need not go for
others . I have seen modem tweaks for torrents
somewhere . If I find then I'll inform you (if none
responds it here) .

And regarding link-removed downloads , as a Free
user one can download upto 30MB at a time only .
after this limit one has to wait for about an hour .
And different methods are available to try to
overcome this . I dont think that the methods can
be posted here ...
[/b]

What does Modem Tweaks means ? earlier what i used to do was i will disconnect from the net and reconnect so that will get a new IP

what he means are tweaks so tht IP can be released & new ip can be taken without disconnecting. AFA .torrents are concerned it's good to cap at 75-80% of normal download speeds in case if u also want to surf the web. If u give all the bandwidth then u won't be able to surf the net & do some small downloads by the side.
A better thing than link-removed.de is www.oxyshare.com . You'll be amazed at the differences.

make a batch file with the following commands 😡echo offipconfig /flushdnsipconfig /releaseipconfig /renewexitAnd check this file if it helps in getting a new IP address .

QUOTE(jivan @ Aug 23 2006, 08:29 PM) [snapback]59681[/snapback]
what he means are tweaks so tht IP can be released & new ip can be taken without disconnecting. AFA .torrents are concerned it's good to cap at 75-80% of normal download speeds in case if u also want to surf the web. If u give all the bandwidth then u won't be able to surf the net & do some small downloads by the side.
A better thing than link-removed.de is www.oxyshare.com . You'll be amazed at the differences.
[/b]

But most people are putting files in link-removed.I will be switching on the torrent only when not browsing.

QUOTE(seshu @ Aug 23 2006, 08:37 PM) [snapback]59683[/snapback]
make a batch file with the following commands :

@echo off
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
exit

And check this file if it helps in getting a new IP address .
[/b]

This bat file wont work with BSNL because all the user are going thru the same ip and the public ip is not coming to our mahcine we just like proxy server (the outside machines will be seeing the proxy ip not ours) since so many customers of BSNL use link-removed and link-removed see the proxy Ip is there any tool something like we can insert the link-removed link and it wil start downloading

Sorry for the late reply, But Simon (says 🙂 ), I have been using this type of batch dos commands for quite some time now. But Personally I started having grudge against link-removed .... it seemed to be a quite pain in A@@ ... i hope u got my message! 🙁 ..... Thats why i have shifted to alternates .. like torrents, pando.... ftps... pranKster.

yes the renew release ......form cmd prompt won't help ...it is for the NIC card u have ....it won't change the bsnl ip.....you have to disconnect and reconnect....and.....the speed torrent downloading depends on many factors...no of seeders no of peers ...port you are using ...port the peers are using...other configurations have to be made to get the best speed out

This bat file wont work with BSNL because all the user are going thru the same ip and the public ip is not coming to our mahcine we just like proxy server (the outside machines will be seeing the proxy ip not ours) since so many customers of BSNL use link-removed and link-removed see the proxy Ip is there any tool something like we can insert the link-removed link and it wil start downloading
[/b]

BSNL provides each user an unique public IP per session from their DHCP pool randomly.
You are absolutely wrong that every user on BSNL network going through same IP.
link-removed does not allow their free users to download continuously, they enforce wait for few minutes to few hours rule, once a free user reaches their assigned quota. If you want to download without any interruption from link-removed consider buying their premium service.

QUOTE(vichitra @ Aug 27 2006, 12:04 PM) [snapback]60182[/snapback]
BSNL provides each user an unique public IP per session from their DHCP pool randomly.
You are absolutely wrong that every user on BSNL network going through same IP.
link-removed does not allow their free users to download continuously, they enforce wait for few minutes to few hours rule, once a free user reaches their assigned quota. If you want to download without any interruption from link-removed consider buying their premium service.
[/b]

So you are telling on one session i will have a unique public ip.And how do i find out this public ip? can i use whatismyip.com ? and if there is a public ip will i be ablwe to ping that from out side can i estarblish a VPN connectivity with my computer..

Regards
Simon