upgrading from normal modem to wifi enabled..!

striker4540

ISP
MTNL
hi guyz,i have recently given written letter(3~4 days back) to change my current adsl moden to wifi enabled one.till now not got my wifi+adsl modem.has any body tried using the wifi modem given mtnl...which company modem do they provide.i have talked to the divisional officer ,he said it will take 5~7 days once we have given written letter.and told me a fees of rs.200 will be added in the next bill does it take that much time just to change?howz the speed of wifi+modem..i mean wireless.oh and im from mumbai suburbs.

howz the speed of wifi+modem..i mean wireless.

I can answer this question. With full signal, you get the same speed on WiFi as in wired connection.

too many wireless devices at home thats why im upgrading to wifi enabled modemand activating too many net connection on each and every device is not a cost effective solution for me.all devices will not be using the connection so its beneficial.

The good/bad wifi reception depends on which modem you get.I got the Huawei 's wifi modem which isn't that good.Well the speed and everything is perfect. I get wifi reception is the room where the modem/router is and the adjoining room.Rest of the house i get a single bar which is really sad.I am connecting 4-5 devices at a time and no hiccups, all working great 🙂 I hope u get the D-Link one, which is better than the one i got 🙂 Good luck, let us know.

hey i got 1 today its says only mtnl...the model written on it is "450tc1" have u got this 1?BTW the spped is normal for rest of the house from where the modem is located...good reception not that bad..!

yes i figured that out.....but not the one u have given in the link its a custom made with white top and black bottom and mtnl written on top of itand thanks for the info.