BSNL Broadband: How to Troubleshoot Frequent Disconnection

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 10390
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 90
  • Views Views 59,053
Perhaps, or it could be that some equipment is faulty such it that doesn't allow the resistance to fall sufficiently for the line to remain engaged. The line quality seems alright. Try changing the splitter and check. Else perhaps the equipment in junction box is overloaded / damaged.The switching mechanism at the exchange could be screwed, but that's highly unlikely.

Please check my Attenuation and SNR Margin. Its seems really odd. Is this the info?

I'm using a D-Link -2750u brand new Modem. The telephone cable from the outside of my house goes to master socket and from it the line goes to the adsl2 splitter and then its splits to phone and modem. I have just 1 telephone socket at my place.Telephone cable is not plugged into any other device.

Issue: The ADSL light becomes stable but the internet light on the modem is always off and it takes like 10-15 min to connect. I have tried resetting the modem. User name and password is correct.The telephone line is absolutely clear. Even i isolated the filter but no use. The telephone lead is just a meter long from the socket.Tried changing the telephone lead,Still no go.

conclusion: Time out fault. That what i think.

URL if you guys have difficulties viewing the pic

http://i47.tinypic.com/2wq9zk3.png

Can you guys suggest.

Perhaps, or it could be that some equipment is faulty

Do you mean CO equipment?

Try changing the splitter and check.

I have tried isolating the Splitter,still no go

Else perhaps the equipment in junction box is overloaded / damaged.

Junction box in the sense? Inside my house or The MDF box outside my building?

So Sorry., I thought my post was approved and hence i replied. Its still in pending status.

Check your wiring... probably you have exposed copper somewhere and you line is getting disconnected due to interference.. cover all exposed wiring with black tape...

Check your wiring... probably you have exposed copper somewhere and you line is getting disconnected due to interference.. cover all exposed wiring with black tape...

I'm not facing disconnections. Its just that it won't connect and timesout. The dsl light is always solid.

even mine is 2750u.. works like a beauty... Activate logs under "Management > System Log" and check the log... it should provide more info...

even mine is 2750u.. works like a beauty...
Activate logs under "Management > System Log" and check the log... it should provide more info...

what to look under logs?

Via Wire yea ,Underground wire

i have BSNL 512 unlimited connection ... i had problem of frequent disconnection ... there was problem with wiring ... lots of noise n static ... so few days ago i change all the wiring and replaced with CAT5 cable .

result:

From past few days I am also having frequent disconnection (in seconds)..very hard to get connection at all. Looking at the chart seems none of my stat are in my favor:Here are few exam: Downstream UpstreamRate (Kbps) 3282 493 SNR Margin (dB) 7.5 10.4 Attenuation (dB) 54.0 33.2 Attainable Rate (Kbps): 4430 706 Downstream UpstreamRate (Kbps) 3999 493 SNR Margin (dB) 7.2 14.3 Attenuation (dB) 53.0 33.1 Attainable Rate (Kbps): 5036 885 Please suggest the way ahead.

Honestly, never bothered to check as it was working fine..I'm on 4 MB plan but used to get around +- 400 so was fine (although I complained about this but was of no help so I lived on)..which row is worst of all from my stat and what could be the reason ?

Both the SNR and attenuation are very bad. Around 6db is required for a stable sync at 2mbps, more so at 4mbit. Bad stats such as yours are usually indicative of line damage. Is your wiring old?