BSNL Broadband: How to Troubleshoot Frequent Disconnection

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 10390
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 90
  • Views Views 59,036
You probably have a noisy line. The line attenuation is way to high. This is what is causing the unstable connects.I also note that your modulation is set to ADSL2+ . Change it to g.dmt for more stable connects. This has been known to help in several cases.Please refer to your TP-Link manual on how to change the modulation and save the settings to the modem so they are retained on next reboot.

Thanks guys. I have changed the modulation now. Will check how it is. And abt the line attenuation, my place is liek more than 3 kms away from the exchange. Cant this be a reason for it to be so high? Also, is there any link between the preferred/ alternate DNS server and the connection stability?? I am using 208.67.220.220 and X.X.222.222 now

----------

I just noticed that the SNR is now 6 for both upstream and downstream. Wat should I do. It fluctuates between 15-12-6. Why does it fluctuate so much?

Yes, attenuation increases with distance, but the snr is very poor and that is usually an indication of poor line quality, you're gonna have a tough time achieving a stable sync with a signal to noise ratio of 6. dns will not solve the issue

my modem shows
[TABLE="class: smallerTable"]
[TR]
[TD]Connection Status
Connected
Us Rate (Kbps) 306
Ds Rate (Kbps) 1996
US Margin 6
DS Margin 30
Trained Modulation ADSL_2plus
LOS Errors 0
DS Line Attenuation 15
US Line Attenuation 6
Peak Cell Rate 721 cells per sec
CRC Rx Fast 0
CRC Tx Fast 0
CRC Rx Interleaved 0
CRC Tx Interleaved 0
Path Mode Interleaved

[TD="colspan: 2"]Modem Status[/TD]

[TD="width: 25"][/TD]

[TD="width: 100"] [/TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: statusSubHeader, colspan: 2"]DSL Statistics[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 25"][/TD]
[TD] [TABLE="class: smallerTable"]
[TR]
[TD]Near End F4 Loop Back Count[/TD]
[TD="width: 38"] [/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Near End F5 Loop Back Count[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

is my snr and line attenuation good? also the broadband gets disconnected whenever the phone rings. i tried using different splitters and still its disconnecting.

Type 192.168.1.1 in address bar of browser.
Modem page : Id admin password: admin

Device Info: some modems give snr attn data
Statistics
ADSL
Mention modem model/make/number.

i use bb combo 500 plan ..i face frequent disconnections..my connections are as per the instructions given in this thread.bsnl ppl checked the values from there and says there cannot be any problem. he said using copper wires used for electric wiring can be used for best results,he also told not to insulate the joints as there could be oxidation happening..my DSL parameters as per my analysis is poor..pls help me improve these values if they are really bad.
https://i.imgur.com/JqPAK.jpg

Each day by evening 5 pm to morning 10pm by BSNL disconnects frequently.. Is this due to peak hour? any solutions for this..

I have checked all steps in this forum.. Gdmt is activated now..hopefully it would solve my problem to an extend..

hi everyone,
i am a newbie to this site,i am using bsnl broadband from last 5 years & i have mixed reviews about bsnl broadband based on my last 5 years experience,currently i am currently on 1350 uld plan,please find my details in link attached :-

plz suggest me on the same,am i getting a download speed of 50 kbps

Downstream UpstreamSNR Margin (dB): 33.9 25.6 Attenuation (dB): 26.5 12.1 Here's how mine look, the line's been dropping very frequently. I've also noticed that it drops when a call is received.