BSNL Broadband: How to Troubleshoot Frequent Disconnection

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 10390
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 90
  • Views Views 59,039
D

Deleted member 10390

1. Post your SNR and Attenuation values. Table for speed less than 8 Mbps

If your values are bad, ask the line man to give a clean line. Make sure there are no joints or non insulated parts.

2. Make sure all connections come after splitter. Follow this diagram

Bypass the splitter, connect the line directly to the modem and check.

3. Check if splitter or ethernet cable is faulty. Use a spare one and check.

4. If possible get a friend's modem and check. That will confirm if modem is faulty or not.

5. Do you get power reset ? If yes, check modem's power adpater and make sure it is functioning well.

6. Try GDMT mode in modem and check.

Inside an ADSL splitter.

connect all phones in all rooms via an adsl splitter
If not possible from single adsl splitter use addl for each phone.
Recommended max phones not more than 3 or 4.

How to we check the SNR margin and Line Attenuation details. My broadband line which was not giving me any problem for the last 5 years has been troubling me for the past 1 week with frequent disconnections.

How to we check the SNR margin and Line Attenuation details.
My broadband line which was not giving me any problem for the last 5 years
has been troubling me for the past 1 week with frequent disconnections.

Type 192.168.1.1 in address bar of browser.
Modem page : Id admin password: admin

Device Info: some modems give snr attn data
Statistics
ADSL
Mention modem model/make/number.

Here is mine
19.8 24.2
36.5 19.9
[TD="class: hd"] [/TD] [TD="class: hd"]Downstream[/TD] [TD="class: hd"]Upstream[/TD] [TD="class: hd"]SNR Margin (dB):[/TD] [TD="class: hd"]Attenuation (dB):[/TD]
I have been getting frequent disconnections for the past 2 days. So i lodged a complaint with BSNL to which, a lineman responded by calling today morning to inform that he has fixed the issue at their end and advised me to verify. The rates posted above are after the so called problem-fixed-call by the lineman.So far there has been no disconnection, will have to check during 2 to 8 AM period when it happened mostly.Further my modem and phones are connected after the splitter which is connected to the main line.

Type 192.168.1.1 in address bar of browser.
Modem page : Id admin password: admin

Device Info: some modems give snr attn data
Statistics
ADSL
Mention modem model/make/number.

I was using the Netgear wgr 614 router with Huawei modem provided by BSNL during installation. I checked with a Belkin G wireless modem router provided by my friend yesterday and the connection seems to be stable now with that(when I tried reconnecting with the original modem it had frequent breaks). Shall find out the values and post. I think one should have a high index of suspicion about modem also when complaining about BSNL. I had the lineman checked the line also. Thank you for your reply,
Ravi

1. Unplug any Telephone on line. (DSL signal gets stable most of times by doing so)

2. Make sure your line is copper phone line

3. Check your SNR (8-10db & higher the better) / Line Attenuation (50db & lower the better) http://192.168.1.1 (user/pass - admin)

4. Check the Splitters & Phone Line Sockets rewire them make no joint is eroded due to oxidation

5. Use separate phone line just for DSL

6. Don't leave any line open cello tape it or else it may caught RF signals or get eroded due to oxidation.

7. Use ADSL Splitter as main splitter came with your modem as main splitter.

8. Use Special Splitter as main splitter that splits Data(DSL) & Voice Signal. (Not Recommended)

9. If you still got problems, use ADSL Repeater (Effective Method)

(only way to counter Attenuation is to cut line short leave no extra line shorter the better & rewiring each point / using ADSL Repeater) you should get at least 15db SNR at minimum.

----------

Use Speed Guide SG TCP Optimizer for better Internet performance.
select your internet plan speed
set "optimal"
select "PPPoe"
then apply & restart PC.

----------

Internet Plan Speed = Actual Download Speed = ~Download per/Hour

128kbps = 16KB/s = ~50mb p/hr.
256kbps = 32KB/s = ~100mb p/hr.
512kbps = 64KB/s = ~200mb p/hr.
1mbps = 128KB/s = ~400mb p/hr.
2mbps = 256KB/s = ~800mb p/hr.
4mbps = 512KB/s = ~1600mb p/hr.

If your are getting Speed compared to this chart you have no Speed problem.

i use D-Link's glb 802 c modem for bsnl 500c plan. my connection gets disconnected very often and the speeds are not great also, whnever i call the bsnl technician he just checks my splitter and my wire connections and just checks whether the connection works for time being and he leaves,after sometime again the disconnection problems continue, my telephone line is not noisy.. i will give the dsl parameterslink--http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/unleddslparametershome.jpg/

Talk to line man and ask him to fix the line. If not responding, talk to the SDE and request his assistance on the issue.

Hi lately i am facing the problem of frequent disconnection. The link gets stable after 2 or 3 try and it randomly disconnects. My SNR seems alright but line attentuation seems poor. What should i do? What kind of cable i should ask the line man to give me. The phone line from the post to my home is single one i mean there are no join and also i have spitter through which the line passes to the phone and modem. I am using BBG FN Combo600 plan, which promiisses 2mbps speed.
My speed is alright only problem is disconnection.

I am not seeing an option to attach the file so please find it here
23.JPG
Capture 234.JPG

guys please helpafter facing a lot of hardship BSNL guys have finally entire cable line up to the modem yesterday found everything to be working fine. The link seemed to be stable and working then. I have even managed to get upto 2mbps speed. However the connection gets disconnected often. Sometimes the ADSL light blinks thrice and fails to connect. It takes long for the adsl link to try to reconnect again. I tried to improve the SNR using various methods mentioned here but there doesnt seem to be a solution. Need a solution guys.It is really difficult to convince the BSNL people since they just look at the ADSL link stability and they move out. In an hours ot two hours time the issue would have restarted.The modem, splitter and cables that move out of splitter and modem are all brand new.Modem: TP-Link W8101GI wanted to put the modem status screenshot. But I dont know how to upload the same into the post here. Please help guys