ericsson HD voice technology-WHEN WILL IT COME TO INDIA?

• Thread starter Thread starter chetan31
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,687
C

chetan31

Hi friends, was happened to be in france for a month and happened to be on Orange network. Voice clarity Was exceptional and one of my colligue from zurich who was with me told that orange launched with ericsson HD voice BTS in france and clarity is exceptionally good. trust me it was far more then HDDDDDDDD and was consistently same across whom so ever i called. there was catch to it as i was carrying HD voice compatible Nokia N8, but still it was some thing i have never expericened in india not even on TATA DOCOMO NSN network. trust me signal was fluctuating but i never felt any difference. when would we get such clarity. Cheers to Ericsson!

Hi friends, was happened to be in france for a month and happened to be on Orange network. Voice clarity Was exceptional and one of my colligue from zurich who was with me told that orange launched with ericsson HD voice BTS in france and clarity is exceptionally good. trust me it was far more then HDDDDDDDD and was consistently same across whom so ever i called. there was catch to it as i was carrying HD voice compatible Nokia N8, but still it was some thing i have never expericened in india not even on TATA DOCOMO NSN network. trust me signal was fluctuating but i never felt any difference. when would we get such clarity. Cheers to Ericsson!

France has had 3G for years - it was around at least a year before I starting living there (2005). In India, 3G is quite new, but one of the things that 3G is supposed to provide (over and above better speeds for mobile Internet) is significantly clearer voice calling.

French Telcos have to adhere to fairly strict regulations surrounding pretty much everything (and are also currently leading the world with the world's single largest network route by traffic - Paris to Lyon - running at an average of 2Tbit/s). Rather than saying cheers to Ericsson, I'd say "Vive la France".

quite recently i had too started a thread on the same topic, basically the difference is in the codecs being used for the transmission of hd-voice, the best codec which provides hd-voice is amr-wb, it is only supported on 3g networks as the data transfer rate is much faster than normal 2g networks. search my article or search on Google orange hd-voice, they have uploaded a file which clearly shows the difference b/w normal voice clarity and hd-voice