why indian telecom operator selecting Chinese equipment manfuacture!

• Thread starter Thread starter chetan31
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 6,611
C

chetan31

hi guys, i could see people complaining signal issues , connectivity problem , call drops etc on this forum. reason what i could find out was bad and cheap equipment from these chinese vendors. i happened to speak to my cousin in US and singapore as well. their opinion is compeletly different . they say T-mobile, Verizon is completly on Ericsson and alcatel lucent. even in single bar they are able to talk with cristal clarity. infact low signal has always been a culture there as laws are strict in US and singapore for errecting towers. more so , apart from AT&T all operators provide consistently 6-6.5 mbps on 7.2 3G plan. Verizon is already on 4G LTE with average throughput of 80 mbps. my cousin uses HTC EVO 4G while in moving train and average speed what he gets is 45-60mbps. well, comeon we are struggling to get even 1 or 1.5 mbps on aircel , bsnl except airtel. more so we are equivalently paying 3G charges as if we are getting 7.1 mbps till last mile connectivity. Is this because telecom operators in india are not at all in serious business and purchase cheap equipment from huwaie or ZTE.last i remebered airtel 2G network was on Ericsson and now they are also expanding with huwaie.pls comment!

Did you forget the fact that our telecom operators are already under the huge 3G license fees burden? Not to mention if this 2G scam turns ugly, all 2G spectrum allocation auctions may be carried out again. So they have to save some money this way or the other buying El Chepo equipments from the backroads of Shenzen.

Not just this, we are behind International standard in many other fields too. But this is India, this is how things happen here.Also if not for the Chinese modems BSNL offer, not many would be able to buy one from open market. Most of those instruments are given at a give away price to customers. Hope one day we will set standards for others to follow.

Is this because telecom operators in india are not at all in serious business and purchase cheap equipment from huwaie or ZTE.last i remebered airtel 2G network was on Ericsson and now they are also expanding with huwaie.pls comment!

For some reason Huawei is outselling just about every other vendor in the world at the moment in both the wireless and FTTx markets, and were even chosen over Ericsson for Sweden's LTE network - and the throughput is nowhere near 80mbit/s (more like 35, I hear).

Technically speaking the specifications of Huawei's equipment (and I guess ZTE's too, but I didn't look at them as closely) appears on the surface to be very good, but like many things made in China, it's built to a price, so the quality of the actual equipment is and it's resulting capabilities are I'm guessing, shall we say, questionable.

I spoke to both companies (as well as another Chinese one called "FiberHome") at BBWF in KL in May, and even the prices offered didn't tempt me to move our systems away from Alcatel Lucent.

In US, they use CDMA. So, the call quality will be good even if signal is single bar

Err... only some operators use CDMA - mostly Verizon & Sprint (and a couple of small operators). AT&T and T-Mobile run GSM.

However, we are talking about India here, and can we really say that Tata Indicom CDMA (including Virgin, Spice) and Reliance CDMA offer better call quality than their GSM counterparts?

from what i see, i have never faced call quality problems on my tata indicom phone. and my experience with airtel gsm has been pretty disgusting over the last couple of months. tata indicom for me has worked fine in places like agra, jaipur, mcleod ganj, jammu, katra, bhawan...

from what i see, i have never faced call quality problems on my tata indicom phone. and my experience with airtel gsm has been pretty disgusting over the last couple of months.

tata indicom for me has worked fine in places like agra, jaipur, mcleod ganj, jammu, katra, bhawan...

Well... call quality is perhaps good enough on almost any network, but then clarity is a completely different story.

There have been times where, despite full signals, sometimes one can only guess what the other party is saying. Part of the point of 3G (apart from the data aspect) is to improve clarity... like of like a 32kbit/s audio stream vs a 128kbit/s audio stream, if you get my drift.

In US, they use CDMA. So, the call quality will be good even if signal is single bar
cdma's voice quality is 'technically' inferior to gsm. cdma networks are data centric while gsm was just built for plain voice.

----------

Did you forget the fact that our telecom operators are already under the huge 3G license fees burden? Not to mention if this 2G scam turns ugly, all 2G spectrum allocation auctions may be carried out again. So they have to save some money this way or the other buying El Chepo equipments from the backroads of Shenzen.

yeah...the 3G auction final prices were really out of proportion that too for just 5mhz of spectrum. It should have been a closed single bid system.

I thought all computer parts we bought was Chinese.Even my Nokia mobile is made in china.In china there are two different industries.. one cheap and one reliable.As long as companies select reliable one.. we shudnt have problem.

I thought all computer parts we bought was Chinese.

Even my Nokia mobile is made in china.

In china there are two different industries.. one cheap and one reliable.

As long as companies select reliable one.. we shudnt have problem.

Many computer components come from Taiwan. Like many tech companies, Nokia has a manufacturing plant in China, but like other companies, those manufacturing facilities have to adhere to the standards set out by the original company (Nokia, Apple, Motorola, you name it).

Chinese brands made in China are a different story.

i thought Nokia made their phones in india for sale in the local market! i mean even Dell manufactures locally for local sales...

^ only some models, that are cheap are produced in india, the models that are available in most markets around the world are not mainly produced in india.

Infact some same models are made according to the markets ,in which these are to be sent,for example, Nokia n8 that came to indian markets may have different quality than that of u.k markets, I hear ppl say coke in india is different than america, and that it's not about difference in ground water,as water can be purified to the level of america.it's just they don't need, to produce same quality as the market is not that mature and doesn't demand very high standards here.