PPPoE setup for BEAM Fiber Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter netant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 41,828
netant I noticed one interesting thing....... as mentioned by you I tired to login via the PPOPE method, I normally use the web portal login...... when I used the PPOPE method I got correct download speeds around 14.5 Mbps but the uploads were just maxing out around 2 Mbps......... when back to the normal portal login my download are again around 14.5 Mbps and my upload speeds are back to 11 Mbps.......... just wanted to share if you are also seeing something like this.

netant I noticed one interesting thing....... as mentioned by you I tired to login via the PPOPE method, I normally use the web portal login...... when I used the PPOPE method I got correct download speeds around 14.5 Mbps but the uploads were just maxing out around 2 Mbps......... when back to the normal portal login my download are again around 14.5 Mbps and my upload speeds are back to 11 Mbps.......... just wanted to share if you are also seeing something like this.
thats the prob!!! am not able to use the above mentioned PPPoE mothed..as am unable to free my IP!! :x

@bobbyguitarist I did not do it via the method Netant mentioned as I use a WiFi router I just entered the username and pwd in the PPOPE option and rebooted the router......... no need to go to the beam portal page directly can use the net like a Airtel connection..... but upload is being capped by this PPOPE method at-least that is what I observed......... I looks like the connection to is not provided directly by Beam but a third party hence that 24online client is sitting in the middle........ that is my assumption.

no, right now im using PPPoP login and see my test results
https://www.speedtest.net/result/1347904100.png