Using Personal WiFi router with Tikona

anwarjhashmi

ISP
TIKONA
Hi,I've recently taken Tikona Wibro connection wherin they put up some equipment on my terrace and provided a lan cable to connect to my laptop.At the time of installation the engineer had said it is possible to use your personal Wifi router. Just call the customer care and they'll send some engineer to do the settings.But when i called the customer care they said that it was possible to use personal router but even though you want to use your personal router you'll have to pay the tikona fees of rs 75 per month or 1500 one time. These are the charges which they take if you take the wifi router from them. I found that strange so i wrote to their nodal officer asking him the logic of charging me for using my own wifi router. Next day i got a call from some technical guy from tikona saying that using personal Wifi router is not possible with tikona as they use dynamic IP. So if i want to use Wifi i'll have to take their Equipment.What i want to know is a) Is using personal wifi router possible ( I have edimax br-6204wlg Router)?b) if possible, what are the settings needed?

you cant use yr own routerthey will charge 75 for using their wireless router.

you cant use yr own router
they will charge 75 for using their wireless router.

Yes they charge but we can use our own. I experimented.

Take DHCP as static IP and then, log on webpage but make sure you do not switch off router otherwise it will leave ip and ID.

I am using my Linksys WRT54G2 with tikona without any problem (with DHCP enabled on the router) I just need to login once through browser or through the Tikona dialer on my desktop (which is set to auto login on boot) All my devices are connected to my router to use the internet. (My devices are my desktop, Xbox 360, PS3, iPhone & iPad)

I am using my Linksys WRT54G2 with tikona without any problem (with DHCP enabled on the router) I just need to login once through browser or through the Tikona dialer on my desktop (which is set to auto login on boot) All my devices are connected to my router to use the internet. (My devices are my desktop, Xbox 360, PS3, iPhone & iPad)

Can you please post a more detailed step by step explanation?
Or message me your number and i'll call you.
Thanks in Advance.

The process is not that elaborate though!

I just took the LAN cable coming from the roof top antenna into the WAN port of my router (Linksys WRT54G2 ). Then on my router config. page I set it to DHCP & manually set the DNS values used by Tikona (as my router config. doesnt have the option of automatic DNS) so in your case you can select "Obtain DNS Automatically" (I checked your router manual, you have that option) You can also enable MAC ID clone (it will clone your laptop MAC id to the router) Then save your settings.

Then connect your laptop to your router through LAN cable or WiFi & then go to http://1.254.254.254 on your browser & login with your Tikona ID.

Let me know if this helped! Also its better we do this troubleshooting on this forum itself so that other members can use these information!

Hi All ,

Here i would like to Present u d First 4G connection In india (( Tikona ))

Name == Tikona 4G internet PC Connection

Here below are d Official Plans OF Tikona

Here Are my Plans Offered By me :::

Speed == 2 Mbps
Usage == Unlimited
Policy == Unlimited
Duration == 12 Month
Amount == 3600 Rs (( 1 Time Pay For 12 Months ))
{{{ Modem will b Given Free Of Cost By Me }}}

How u Can Subscribe For my Plans :::

1 ) Call On dis Toll Free number == ((( Tikona Care: 1800 20 94276 ))) & Ask for d Connectivity i.e Connection Available in ur Area or Not

2 ) If Network Available in ur Area den Let me knw here in this thread and i will Process it Further

Here is d speed test of Above Plans For u :::

Here is How d Modem Looks like :::

1 ) C Shaped Modem { When u have Good strength Network } = Dis Will b Placed near ur PC

Price of Modem Above is 159 $ ((( Proof here - Ruckus MediaFlex 2200 Series | RuckusSecurity.com )))
But i m giving u all Free of cost wid My Above Plan

2 ) Nano Station 2 { When u have Least strength Network } = Dis Will b Paced on ur Terace or Roof.

Price of Modem Above is $79.95 ((( Proof here - UBIQUITI NANOSTATION 2 - NS2 [NS2] - $79.95 : Metrix Communication LLC )))
But i m giving u all Free of cost wid My Above Plan

Questions U can have in Ur mind ===

1 ) How Can i have Dis Plans ?
Where I stay In my Society der r 25 Buildings and Tikona Officials was wanting to Placed Towers on Our buildings.As my dad is secretary of D entire Society we gave dem permission to install it on very low Rent and in return we Got 75 Connections and i m selling Dem.

2 ) How u will be Getting d Modem and All dat ?
If some 1 stays in mumbai den i will personally Come and will do d needfull and outside Mumbai ones i will courier Dem

3 ) How Many days It will Take To Start ur connection ?
Upto 7 Days

4 ) If any Problem u face in Furture Accept the Minor official Problems
Refund u d Ammount

5 ) About TRansaction Of money
Dat i will Personally Tel u

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet u wont get dis Offer Ever.Dont miss It As in 5 days it will End !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Staff if i made any mistakes den lemme knw i will correct it as i m newbie so bear wid me.

Sorry My friend.
They offer this device (Nano Station loco) not Nano station 2 which you have presented at here.
Nano station 2 is more different than loco.

Nano station 2 which you have presented. : NanoStation | Ubiquiti Networks, Inc.
Nano station loco: NanoStation Loco | Ubiquiti Networks, Inc.

----------

I agree that they provide speed but their connectivity stability is very very poor. Why do not you post ping result of their default gateway or log in page which 1.254.254.254??

I am really impressed with tikona speed offer and even I have experienced it too but I want to go for it again.
According to area manager in ahmedabad, nano station 5 is under testing and tikona will launch it soon. I have nano station 5 at my home with spidigo connectivity and it is working very very good. I have never faced any breakage with it. Can you tell me that is it launched at here or not? However, I missed the contact no of area manager at here. Please reply me

Thank you.

I just took the LAN cable coming from the roof top antenna into the WAN port of my router (Linksys WRT54G2 ). Then on my router config. page I set it to DHCP & manually set the DNS values used by Tikona (as my router config. doesnt have the option of automatic DNS) so in your case you can select "Obtain DNS Automatically" (I checked your router manual, you have that option) You can also enable MAC ID clone (it will clone your laptop MAC id to the router) Then save your settings.

Then connect your laptop to your router through LAN cable or WiFi & then go to http://1.254.254.254 on your browser & login with your Tikona ID.

Let me know if this helped! Also its better we do this troubleshooting on this forum itself so that other members can use these information!

Thanks Buddy... Its working perfectly.. Am able to connect my laptops and Smartphone together. 🙂

trendchanger said:
Hi All ,

Here i would like to Present u d First 4G connection In india (( Tikona ))

Name == Tikona 4G internet PC Connection

Here below are d Official Plans OF Tikona

Here Are my Plans Offered By me :::

Speed == 2 Mbps
Usage == Unlimited
Policy == Unlimited
Duration == 12 Month
Amount == 3600 Rs (( 1 Time Pay For 12 Months ))
{{{ Modem will b Given Free Of Cost By Me }}}

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you mean 3600rs for 12 month? I do not think so.

Hi,

I have Nokia-Siemens router which i got when i used BSNL broadband. Can any one help me in configuring my this router to use with Tikona Services.

Please help. Needed Urgently

----------

Hi

I have Nokia-siemens 1600 broadband modem which comes with BSNL. Can i configure it to use with TIkona?

Please assist

HiCan some one help me for configuration of Nokia-siemens 1600 router which i got from BSNL.I want to configure it for Tikona Broadband.Kindly Assist

Hi

Can some one help me for configuration of Nokia-siemens 1600 router which i got from BSNL.

I want to configure it for Tikona Broadband.

Kindly Assist

Did you try the process I have used & posted in the previous page???