500W Solar System

I made a 500W solar system that generates 2000Wh of power everyday. It is used to power LED downlights in my mother's hospital. The devices that I bought are 1KVA,780W inverter, 2*250W panels, 2*150Ah Exide solar tubular battery and 20A,24V Phocos charge controller totalling upto Rs.80,000. The system works well. I've described in more detail here:
http://solariiknight.wordpress.com/2013/12/31/500w-solar-system/

congrats, That's the one good thing I recently found here.
The renewable energy is the way to go.
I don't know if Indian Electricity Deptt. has the facility to give credits for the energy you make extra over and above your usage is bought by them
but I've read that in U.S.A. such setup starts paying you or at-least give you discounts/adjustment towards your electricity bills.
Read that you did some D.I.Y. stuff for making those L.E.D. bulbs, Great work, thats the way to adopt L.E.D. in India, as options are still on growing stage
and are not cheap as compared to china where most things are getting replaced with L.E.D.
however I am surprised to see you wrote "Rs.150 for 3 LEDs" that disturbs me.
I started selling 1 Watt L.E.D. on ebay, and the horrible policies of eBay India suspended my account for missing feedback, are other issues.
and my shop closed before it even picked up the pace :-(
anyways if you wish to buy 1 watt Cool white/warm white L.E.D. I can link you to my local dealer and pricing is worth a look,
let me know via PM if you need pricing.

Indian government has a policy of giving 30% initial cost under its Jawaharlal Nehru solar mission, but its very difficult to get it. Firstly there are a lot of technical conditions to be met - like buying from government approved installers, panel angle, insolation etc.. Next thing, I hears that subsidy has not been given for people in 2013 who have met those conditions.
Also in my state Tamil Nadu, net metering is in paper only.

solariiknight said:
I made a 500W solar system that generates 2000Wh of power everyday. It is used to power LED downlights in my mother's hospital. The devices that I bought are 1KVA,780W inverter, 2*250W panels, 2*150Ah Exide solar tubular battery and 20A,24V Phocos charge controller totalling upto Rs.80,000. The system works well. I've described in more detail here: http://solariiknight.wordpress.com/2013/12/31/500w-solar-system/
Gr8 work done. Big thumbs up. Indian govt. should encourage gr8 works done by Indian citizens rather than buying expensive technologies from US. This way only we can build strong R&D within our country. 🙂

technofreak455 said:
 Gr8 work done. Big thumbs up. Indian govt. should encourage gr8 works done by Indian citizens rather than buying expensive technologies from US. This way only we can build strong R&D within our country. 🙂
Thanks. Techonology wise we lag though. The PV panels that I bought most probably came from China. The inverter which I bought has all its individuals components imported from China, though the circuit was designed by an Indian company. However, Indian government is trying to encourage PV manufacturing in India by giving subsidies on capital cost for those who use PV panels made in India. And they are battling with the US regarding this. Also they are attempting to encourage semiconductor manufacturing in India which is essential for manufacturing individual components of any electronic device like transistors, microcontrolers ,etc..
Another thing what Indian government can do to encourage people who use solar is to implement feed in tariff for those who generate and feed excess power to the grid.

I made a 500W solar panels system that generates 2000Wh of power everyday. It is used to power LED downlights in my mother's hospital. The devices that I bought are 1KVA,780W inverter, 2*250W panels, 2*150Ah Exide solar tubular battery and 20A,24V Phocos charge controller totalling upto Rs.80,000. The system works well. I've described in more detail here:
500W Solar System | solariiknight
Looks like very effective power generating system.. I hope it is effective and will try to get it soon..

Last edited: