50 Held for distributing Sun DTH

• Thread starter Thread starter ~Hami~
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 5,966
News published on 25.9.2007

Cable TV control room to be set up

Cable TV control rooms to be set up

CHENNAI: Members of the Tamizhaga Cable TV Operators’ General Welfare Association (TCOA) and the Tamizhaga Cable TV Urimayalargal Sangam have decided to set up cable TV control rooms in “SCV-dominated” Chennai, Madurai, Tirupur, Tiruchi, Coimbatore and Tirunelveli districts.
The new enterprise has been christened Royal Cable Vision. Two control rooms have been set up, one each in Madurai and Tirupur, by roping in cable TV operators who are members of either organisation.
The process is on to lay its own optic fibre cable network to provide an alternative feed to viewers wanting to opt out of the SCV package, P. Shakilan of the TCOA said. While the idea came from TCOA, cable TV operators in each district had volunteered to set up their own control room.
The response from the two places where the control rooms have been set up has been good, Mr. Shakilan said. Currently, they were providing only free to air channels, but talks were on with other channels to provide pay channels as well. The priority would be for Tamil channels, which would be positioned in the prime band. The Sun group of channels were not being shown as SCV had refused to share its feed.
Once the Government Cable Corporation is set up, these control rooms will merge with the official set-up, Mr. Shakilan said. He spoke to The Hindu after a day-long fast in protest against the Sun group offering DTH service at low cost.
“Subscribers are finding out that they have to pay installation charges and some other charges when they go to buy a Sun DTH dish. Also we are wary if the initial offer price of Rs.75 will be retained later,” Mr. Shakilan said.
Members of both the organisations went on fast throughout State on Monday.

The Hindu : Tamil Nadu News : Cable TV control rooms to be set up

booking or on mr.tech enthu....yesterday only i booked for sun dth...i enquired the dealer about the public response he told that it is tremendous....from october 1 they r going to start installing sun direct....

booking or on mr.tech enthu....yesterday only i booked for sun dth...i enquired the dealer about the public response he told that it is tremendous....from october 1 they r going to start installing sun direct....

date exactly on the Bandh Day (decided by DMK allies regarding sethusamudram project) :rofl::rofl:

ya...asdfgf...i dont know why mr.karuna is doing like this..once upon a time both of them r helpfull to each other..at that time i don't like sun tv.. but now all the things r changed..According to me,people really like sun tv now because they might not support karuna and there news will be more diplomatic...my advice to all those people who r in this forum is that we should show our support to sun tv and to sun direct........

MK is a long known atheist and always makes remarks on religion. Why then did people vote for him !? They should have voted for Jaya who would never have brought up such a controversy.

Since the entire Sun DTH issue has been revolving around TN politics, what gives? The whole topic is about Sun TV and MK.

Recent News:Cable operators to give all the channels(free and pay) for Rs.75 I dont know whether this is true or not... But the friends close to the cable operators say like this. 😕😕

what the hell going on in TN...is it confirmed report or not...bcz yesterday only i booked sun direct.....

Recent News:

Cable operators to give all the channels(free and pay for Rs.75

I dont know whether this is true or not... But the friends close to the cable operators say like this. 😕😕
impossible....but they r planning to give all fta for 50 rps( excluding sun &raj as both of them r pay channels)

It is not officially confirmed. But sources close to the Cable Operators say like this.. let us wait

impossible....but they r planning to give all fta for 50 rps( excluding sun &raj as both of them r pay channels)

who knows... like sun dth giving stb free,,, likewise they can give all channels for Rs.75 😗😗

it wll be a big flop if the government decides to give the connection for 50rs.bcz in TN many people watch sun tv and a good number of population watches raj tv...i think 50 rs is too much to pay for it with out sun tv...