• Thread starter Thread starter gaurav19_82
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 5,433

Is It Really 4G what this Service Provider are Providing to us

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
This thread is logically correct ....technically wrong.
4g deployed (current and upcoming) in India is primarily a MIMO setup. Technically it can go upto 150mbps....but it all depends upon type of backhaul used, number of active sessions, capacity and environmental factors. Wherever technology independent spectrum of 1800 mhz is allotted, operators are utilizing it for 4g as compared to 2300mhz. 1800mhz is essentially a 2g service band but if technology indipendent spectrum is allocated can be used for 4g data. The advantage is, it would have better coverage than 2300mhz and has far better penetration for indoor coverage.

Another major factor is size of spectrum allocated and type of scaleable channel bandwidth i.e. 20mhz or 40mhz. Basicly 10x2 or 10x4 mhz mimo setup.

who cares about such high speed in wireless network, for consumers 10mb/s is enough for everyday use and to watch hd vids. only to host servers such high speed is needed and wireless is not the way to go for that. for consumers all we need is high gb plan with fair price and fair fup speed. these 3g/4g providers just blind folded us with speed and stealing us on data. currently we can consume fup limit in hours with this speed and sit rest of the days with 64kpbs speed, people who dont consume full fup limit in a month then why do they even need such high speed.

who cares about such high speed
Ok so then at first place why you thought about reading and reply to post about speed. See we all need a faster speed so that our exchange of data is quicker.

10mb/s is enough for everyday use and to watch hd vids.
Well internet is not to download or watch HD videos only. With stable and faster speeds, you can access any information from any source and can increase your knowledge and even skills. Its a sea filled with items, its upto you to wander around or to actually use it as a tool to make yourself better.
ervers such high speed is needed and wireless is not the way to go for that.
I will give you an example, I have (a large private service provider in one of the 4 metro city in India). They needed data from nearly 5 lakh device deployed across city every hour. I can tell you the importance of those devices, if they dont work for few hours, every house gets affected and virtually everything stops.
Without such high speeds access, it was virtually near to impossible to send receive data and control devices remotely.
That's just one example. I have atleast 7more similar data networks deployed by me across nation for various other purposes which you never realise are utilizing these networks. So mobile data communication is innovated, bcoz need is thr. You being ignorant doesnt mean its a wasted resource.
3g/4g providers just blind folded us with speed and stealing us on data.
May be you can say that, but then no one asked you to upgrade from EDGE to HSPA.....then why did you move?
eople who dont consume full fup limit in a month then why do they even need such high speed
Thats like first buying fat water pipe and storing water in a big tank and then complaining water authority about not being able to use all that stored water. You should buy wisely. For example If you dont need 1gb buy a smaller demonination pack.

Or how often do you go to a marriage or a hotel/restaurant with large buffet spread and complain why to have so many items when i cant finish all them.

And no, it might sound like i am in favour of telcos...but no. I am in favour of technology and i dont support the wrong practises telco do in name of so called best "technology" they deployed.

Last edited:
4G gotta be the most hyped thing in India in recent times of Telecom market.

Keeping technicalities aside, High speed of 20-30 Mbps are useless if Data is so highly priced.

They could not bring Data prices of 3G after all these years. If anything, they made it more expensive after Spectrum allocation Rules were changed. Even EDGE Data is expensive. I don't see much hope in 4G.

This is all bcoz of expensive spectrum and fancy setup. The actual price of data per gb is very less but these factors made it go sky high......before the spectrum allocation scam, we had cheaper spectrum so the prices were rationalised but when telcos paid hughe amounts, they will do cost recovery from who else...but from subscribers only.

But no way i am endorsing telco and scam practises....but just putting forward my view based on facts.

Ok so then at first place why you thought about reading and reply to post about speed. See we all need a faster speed so that our exchange of data is quicker.

Well internet is not to download or watch HD videos only. With stable and faster speeds, you can access any information from any source and can increase your knowledge and even skills. Its a sea filled with items, its upto you to wander around or to actually use it as a tool to make yourself better.

I will give you an example, I have (a large private service provider in one of the 4 metro city in India). They needed data from nearly 5 lakh device deployed across city every hour. I can tell you the importance of those devices, if they dont work for few hours, every house gets affected and virtually everything stops.
Without such high speeds access, it was virtually near to impossible to send receive data and control devices remotely.
That's just one example. I have atleast 7more similar data networks deployed by me across nation for various other purposes which you never realise are utilizing these networks. So mobile data communication is innovated, bcoz need is thr. You being ignorant doesnt mean its a wasted resource.

May be you can say that, but then no one asked you to upgrade from EDGE to HSPA.....then why did you move?

Thats like first buying fat water pipe and storing water in a big tank and then complaining water authority about not being able to use all that stored water. You should buy wisely. For example If you dont need 1gb buy a smaller demonination pack.

Or how often do you go to a marriage or a hotel/restaurant with large buffet spread and complain why to have so many items when i cant finish all them.

And no, it might sound like i am in favour of telcos...but no. I am in favour of technology and i dont support the wrong practises telco do in name of so called best "technology" they deployed.

im not being ignorant, you are being senseless. learn to read and understand before posting your paragraph. the post i made is as a consumer, not as business user like you. and im pretty sure all internet providers has business plans which is for you. but as a consumer, 15gb is max plan in airtel 4g at my place. 4 movies in netflix 15gb is gone. video is the most speed thirsty task consumers do, for that 10mb/s is good enough. what is the use of next generation speed when they cant improve their fup limit and post fup speeds. we have this fup limit because number of users tower can handle is same not improved. with fup limit, users will limit their wireless internet usage which will reduce network congestion. so instead of working on more speed(which consumers dont even need) they should work on technology which can handle large number of wireless users without creating network congestion.

im pretty sure wikipedia and other websites will open fast enough in 3g itself, even a hd documentary in youtube plays without lag in 3g.

mate do you even english? did you even understand what i said? its not having large water tank with fat pipe, its having fat pipe in a water bottle which drains all water instant. i suggest you to read and understand peoples comment before posting your sad stories. adios.

Last edited:
mate do you even english? did you even understand what i said? its not having large water tank with fat pipe, its having fat pipe in a water bottle which drains all water instant. i suggest you to read and understand peoples comment before posting your sad stories. adios.
Yes, please suggest any good elementary education center from i can start 😉.

And BTW, i dont use internet much....and esp video and other stuff so i really dont know if 15 gb airtel is enough or not..🙁(you can check my other posts and see...i dont use internet and network resources much)....a business user like you...definately have better understanding on these things than me.......may be my assumption and english comprehension is wrong..... But i dont understand.....what bothered you so much, that forced you to reply to my useless post. Seems you wasted your precious time man!.....

Peace ^>_<^

Last edited:
@Raju ram din

I am sorry buddy, all your points regarding 4G speeds fall flat when there is no reduction in data rates and increase of FUP.

I also did not agree to your water tank analogy.

Try a new analogy here.
Imagine you have a Ferrari (4G connection). But the fuel tank is just 10 litres. Price of fuel is Rs. 1000 per litre.

So you have to rationalize your driving to small townside drives only. You cannot go for highway drives to get the real feel of the car.

By the way, all the other operators want to get on 4G as soon as possible. Increased speed causes increase in data consumption. We will hit our caps early and operators will laugh away to the banks.

See my points were purely from the technical point of view. Commercially, operators exploiting consumer or doing wrong practises is cannot be termed as short comming of technology. I explained about technology and i stand thr. May be my example doesnt made much sense but no where i said i support operators charging high subscription of services.

If you feel the technological innovation is of no use, they my friend you are wrong. If you feel it doesnt stand a chance due to high price, then you may stand right .....but still the technological innovation cannot be judged based of these parameters. Only a customer experience can be judged as the delivery by operator is about the end user experience.

I wonder why people done have respect to people who work hard to innovate and invent. By simply saying "fall flat" without knowing the amount of efforts behind it, is painfully wrong.

Dont tell this to Airtel or vodafone !
This guy joined three 3G dongles together, now he has 3G+3G+3G = 9G

Z506Vju.jpg