• Thread starter Thread starter vebk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,762

vebk

Mr. Advocate
ISP
Airtel 8 Mbps 'Unlimited'
Since it's in the news, and seems to have good reviews, and I am weighing my options, I am trying to figure out how much of a good-deal the LPG Wagon-R would be. So if anyone knows the following please reply:

#1) Cost of LPG per litre in Delhi.
#2) Availability of LPG in the NCR. (I found this list on the net, but no idea how up-to-date it is).
#3) Kmpl. Mileage of the Wagon-R (petrol and if possible, LPG).
#4) Effect of LPG on the car in terms of engine wear, cost of maintenance etc. as compared to Petrol.
#5) There is a switch to change between petrol and LPG, but how is it operated? Do you have to stop and turn off the engine before switching or can the fuel be changes 'on the fly'?

Pls. reply if you have any pukka information.

The Wagon-R LPG is a good car but the lpg version is only good when you move from one city to another a lot. With the increase in weight with the lpg cylinder the average will decrease definetly. Normaly Wagon-R petrol version has an average between 14kmpl to 18kmpl. Its all depende upon the usage. lpg is very cheap. And as far as availability is concerned, its available in some of the selected outlets.

I drive about 43 kms between South and North Delhi 6 days a week. + about 5-6 kms average within South Delhi.

i would suggest here to wait for the maruti diesels coming at the end of the year. but then they would be pretty expensive. and wagon r i doubt will get a diesel. you can get better answers on a diff forum.... team-bhp.com excellent site.