• Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 11,124

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
They are getting a bit too annoying these days.

And the trend is not limited only in India...

Here is a fascinating ad:

I could not locate the new Panasonic ad on YouTube which features the photographer Atul Kasbekar. Even this ad highlights a feature of the camera that can make the skin of the people in the photos fairer on the camera itself. When I saw it for the first time, I was like WTF.

Yeah .. even I was surprised to see that Ad ... lighten your skin tone feature on camera .. WTF .. I think companies know that people , especially in India, are obsessed with Fairer skin .. and are trying to encash it .. which is simply insanely stupid.

"WE ARE" criticizing this advertisement, I am damn sure this product will do well in the market.

Apparently we have still not outgrown the "coolie" mentality, we still aspire to be Gora Sahibs and Mems, it's sad really, a whole gen next middle class which has the social aspirations of the near extinct Anglo-Indians. I assure you that i am not racist, and apologize if i have offended anyone, this is a cold, clinical and detached observation based on the popularity of such products and the adverts. that propagate this culture.

Well our country is satisfied banning Deo ads for being sexiest!

----------

Swinson complained that images of both celebrities had been digitally manipulated and were "not representative of the results the product could achieve".

Wonder if many Ads in India will pass this test... cosmetics?? ... detergents ?

Frankly speaking, no ad on our TV sets is anywhere near to how that product performs in reality! If it gives performance of say "1", then in the ad, as a benchmark, they show its performance at "1000". And nothing can happen, until we complain against them, or atleast we take informed decisions, rather than just running after the ads!

Well our country is satisfied banning Deo ads for being sexiest!
really ?? its a news for me then :O

Frankly speaking, no ad on our TV sets is anywhere near to how that product performs in reality! If it gives performance of say "1", then in the ad, as a benchmark, they show its performance at "1000". And nothing can happen, until we complain against them, or atleast we take informed decisions, rather than just running after the ads!

Like you have used all those Fairness Creams and Products 😛