Transactions are anonymous but if you try to convert bitcoin to rupees (at bitcoin exchange) that time you need to give PAN number.

Thats how you can be detected to be dealing in bitcoin.

Last edited:
These are transactions one from exchanges to bitcoin network (which ofcourse exchanges will keep a trace for , that's why they take your PAN while doing buying/selling btc), the trxn's are still annoymous when the trxn is inside bitcoin network.

what happened to resident tech expert Pavan Duggal that all newspapers used to contact for any tech news

India likens cryptocurrencies to Ponzi scheme, cautions investors

“Mere issuance of an advisory is not sufficient when thousands of people have lost money in cryptocurrency,” said Pavan Duggal, a cyber expert and a lawyer with India’s top court.

“Government has the sovereign duty to come up with a legal framework to regulate the cryptocurrencies and protect genuine investors,” he said.

Has anyone here invested in bitcoins or others? Can you guide me as a new investor:

1. What exchange did you use?
  2. Do you store your coins in an online wallet or offline?
  3. Is it the right time to jump in to make a profit on selling sometime in the future? Or should I wait?
  4. What other coins do I invest in?
I am planning to jump in with around 2k INR as a feeler.

I have invested around 20k each in Ethereum and Ripple

I used ThroughBit for Ethereum and Koinex for Ripple.

Right now its stored there only but I plan to move them to another wallet since the government is so idiotic about withdrawals

No one can say whether its the right time or not. It might be become 10x, it might become 0. All the risk is yours

I have invested 4-5L. Some in btc, majorly was in ripple where i got out today with heavy profit, some in ltc, some ijn bch.

KOINEX, COINOME.
Keep away from zebpayunocoin bcz of their shitty spread.
If this is not the right time, then I don't know what is, but invest ur money which u r ready to lose. When we try n invest, I love profit however I invest only that much where I know if I lose everything I would be okay with it, don't invest that money which is your monthly expenses
Try ripple, eth, btc, xuv, not bch, ltc, strat.