prospective customer of rel broadband, any suggestions ?

• Thread starter Thread starter deepu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4,773
Status
Not open for further replies.

deepu

Regular
after a long hiatus with bsnl broadband for 4 long years i am finally ready to ditch them.

i chose reliance due to two reasons;

1. no fup
2. and mode of connection can be metro ethernet, i m seek and tired of adsl and poor upload speed

so contacted rel cc and confirmed feasibilty , they told within 1 week they will contact, though they havnot but i am ready to wait couple of more days

but i have some queries which u guys can only solve

1. the plan i am planning to choose is combo 600 ul or 1 mbps ul( day + night )

these plans are combo plans with adsl baggage which i am not ready to take up.

is there any way i can choose betwwen them with a metro ethernet way ? no adsl for me please.

Tell them you do not need the phone line then if metro ethernet option is available they would give you via that.

Tell them you do not need the phone line then if metro ethernet option is available they would give you via that.

ohh, thanx buddy, i will surely tell them that.

Tell them i want metro Ethernet thats it 🙂 with static IP.

Reliance BB is fine.....however CC is pretty worse it can take just few days or as much as month to contact to u back to put ur connection. CC is pretty ill-trained.

Im thinking of dumping airtel and taking reliance just coz of NO FUP ....is it worth it ?

Im thinking of dumping airtel and taking reliance just coz of NO FUP ....is it worth it ?
This is my limited usage on my Unlimited plan...haha

Do you want any additional proof?

so i hope all of you guys know i was hoping to get a new wireline connection from reliance.. here i am describing my xprnc with themi called them up on one fine afternoon to book a connection. after 7 to 8 days later got a call . the guy said he will check the feasibility . but no response from them for 3 to 4 days. so mailed them . today got a call from a lady that relnc engineer will visit my area to check whether wireline is availbl. next call shocked me. she said sorry sir we dont have any network in your area. we cannot even draw a wire also because it will not be possible as there is no nearest box in your house. now as for all your information i reside in beniapara, parkcirus , kolkata.. it is the heart of kolkata,, its central kolkata.. now how come such a big co. like reliance donot have availibity in my area whereas they provide broadband in farthest corners in india ?so i am very much sad now because there is only alliance left in my area which is a big time lazyass company with pathetic downtimes and worse tarif than reliance also... can you guys suggest some way to me to mend relaince to get a box installed in my locality ??

The problem with Reliance is that they are not in many localities I would say they are just around 20-25% of the city..... the other option would be WiMax from reliance that is also pretty good....... but a lot more expensive.

The problem with Reliance is that they are not in many localities I would say they are just around 20-25% of the city..... the other option would be WiMax from reliance that is also pretty good....... but a lot more expensive.

yeah.. i know that now... wimax is a bad option for me... their wireline was perfect for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.