Wanted information on Five net U10 mbps plan PLEASE REPLY!

• Thread starter Thread starter noozjason
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 4,269

noozjason

ISP
Hathway
Some Questions-Is the u10 mbps plan for 5999 a year unlimited?Can i still use DC++ IN THIS PLAN If it is unlimited then why are the a1030(1020kbps) plan 499 for 1mbps? why is there so less difference in the price?

1) All fivenet plans are UNLIMITED2) Yes you can use DC++ in this plan3) Call fivenet cable provider in you are area for exact details of post the link/source where you are reading these plans

Now I remember, it appears that I am having selective amnesia, when I used to have reliance connection I used to go to the terrace to check whether my cable was plugged into the switch.Some jerko had this nasty habit of removing my plugged in cable.That switch was not a 4port one,it was a massive box, I think it was 24/48 port rack mounted Cisco switch for the entire tower.But since I stopped using reliance I forgot all about it.The power was provided by the society for the switch, but when society asks more for the power provided ISPs dont budge & threaten to remove the switch & stop all services.
Half the time I dont understand what is posted on wikipedia.I dont know exactly what a switch is or how it functions but what I do know is it provides connectivity to all users.
When u posted wiki link I was embarassed but thanks for zapping my memory.:thunder:

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

So i take it that SSV technologies will definitely be providing Fivenet according to you & u r using Fivenet.Earlier someone said that SSV provises its own internet connection as well, your take on that.Does it go thru the cablewala?
I am having a tough time committing to half-yearly plan & u decide to quote yearly plan.
It is understandably cheaper but the risk is also greater like I can get screwed big time.
I have heard they charge extra for DC hub?What r sharing requirements for that hub?
I will start a thread in the Fivenet forum tomorrow maybe but the purpose of this thread was to get feedback from MTNL users who had some experience with Fivenet.
Anyway, thanks for your input.

replying to your query posted here - https://broadband.forum/mtnl-broadband/69139-should-change-isp-mtnl/2/

1) Dont know about ssv own internet connect....i was only talking about fivenet
2) There can be two scenarios
a) Fivenet - Internet provider - Cable wala - you
b) Fivenet - Internet provider - you (in my case - chembur - this is what is happening)
3) you can easily go for monthly plan if cost is not the problem ...if i remember correctly - 10 mbps monthly was 1200 bucks and years was 8000
4) In my case they did not charge anything extra for DC hub ...and my understanding after going through fivenet hub is that they normally dont charge extra for this

PS- check for other operators providing fivenet connection in your area here - http://www.fivenetwork.com/Link1.html

replying to your query posted here - https://broadband.forum/mtnl-broadband/69139-should-change-isp-mtnl/2/

1) Dont know about ssv own internet connect....i was only talking about fivenet
2) There can be two scenarios
a) Fivenet - Internet provider - Cable wala - you
b) Fivenet - Internet provider - you (in my case - chembur - this is what is happening)
3) you can easily go for monthly plan if cost is not the problem ...if i remember correctly - 10 mbps monthly was 1200 bucks and years was 8000
4) In my case they did not charge anything extra for DC hub ...and my understanding after going through fivenet hub is that they normally dont charge extra for this

PS- check for other operators providing fivenet connection in your area here - Five Network Solutions India Ltd

There are no other operators providing Fivenet connection in my area i.e. Navi Mumbai
I have already checked the fivenet website & your link as well.
If only that(10Mbps for 1200 bucks) was true I wish.I called them up & was informed that they don't have monthly plans for speeds beyond 2.5Mbps.

Monthly plan is there on the fivenet website ...its the SSV cable wala who does not want to go the monthly route because of collection trouble/issues !In the present scenario ...either go for 2.5 Mbps Fivenet monthly plan or go for 1 Mbps MTNL - 1000/1333 bucks planThe benefit of Fivenet is that you will have DC++ hub where the speed will be of LAN ...i.e. 50 Mbps and it will have 150 TB data for you.You will hardly have to download anything from net/torrrent 🙂